The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-19-2011, 04:49 PM   #1
hipasschev94

lifted 4x4

this thread is for everyone that has a sweet lifted k10 that they want to show off this is what i got a 85 k10 scottsdale with a 6" lift on 35" pro comps
Attached Images

Old 10-19-2011, 07:53 PM   #2
dman1982

Re: lifted 4x4

here is mine........the first one is what it looked like when i bought it, second is when i primed it then the third is what it looks like now
Attached Images

2001-Present

84 K10
2000 trans am ws6
2011 nissan altima
2009 Troy Built with a 42 Inch Deck

My LS Swap http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...=1#post6559371
dman1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 08:05 PM   #3
PaRedneckRiders

Me and a friend working on the exhaust, The other two just standing around supervising(Im second in from the right)

When we were out messing around and stopped at a friends house

Hanging out at another friends house with his ranger and another friends dodge, Didnt get the 73 ford dually i was standing beside but its just a frame as of now(its the same kid that has the ranger Yes hes a ford guy)

Btw its got a 7in lift (4in suspension 3in body)
With 35in durango radial A/T
350 that i dont really know what is done to it other than cam carb intake but it runs pretty dam good.
4spd with np208, Its always a work in progress but im looking for another frame to start another build and will prob end up using alot of parts off this truck.
PaRedneckRiders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 08:08 PM   #4
Karnage

Karnage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 09:43 PM   #5
hipasschev94

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaRedneckRiders View Post
Me and a friend working on the exhaust, The other two just standing around supervising(Im second in from the right)

When we were out messing around and stopped at a friends house

Hanging out at another friends house with his ranger and another friends dodge, Didnt get the 73 ford dually i was standing beside but its just a frame as of now(its the same kid that has the ranger Yes hes a ford guy)

Btw its got a 7in lift (4in suspension 3in body)
With 35in durango radial A/T
350 that i dont really know what is done to it other than cam carb intake but it runs pretty dam good.
4spd with np208, Its always a work in progress but im looking for another frame to start another build and will prob end up using alot of parts off this truck.
nice truck and i was wondering where can you find the covers around where the key holes? im looking to get that for my 78
Old 10-19-2011, 09:46 PM   #6
hipasschev94

Quote:
Originally Posted by dman1982 View Post
here is mine........the first one is what it looked like when i bought it, second is when i primed it then the third is what it looks like now
that looks awsome ida loved to see a truck come together like that
Old 10-19-2011, 09:49 PM   #7
hipasschev94

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karnage View Post
that trucks clean whats all the specs on it?
Old 10-19-2011, 10:13 PM   #8
Doug_J

Well its not a k10 its a k20. 1984 chevy, 4in lift, 33x15.5x16.5 tsl's, 14 bolt rear dana 44 front, sm465 with 208 tcase.
Attached Images

Doug_J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 12:45 AM   #9
Karnage

Quote:
Originally Posted by hipasschev94 View Post
that trucks clean whats all the specs on it?
Well it has a heavily modified 350 small block that was putting out around 380hp last time I took it to a shop to check but there has been more work done since then so I hope it's around 400 right now. Lift is at 6". I'll show you the chassis tomorrow when there is light. It's in pretty decent shape for it being so old. As clean as it looks in that picture, the inside of the bed is a totally different story. There are a load of scratches all over because I still use it like a truck... I'm thinking about getting it rhino lined on the sides but I'd still keep the wood bed. I'm going to replace the wood with new wood and whenever I use it as a truck I'll just throw down a heavy duty bed mat on the wood so it does not get damaged while the sides will be rhino lined. Otherwise the paint is pretty new as you can see. If you watch the video you will notice that there is new interior seating and the cab itself has new paint to match the exterior. There is not much left for me to do on her. Future plans include:

Handles in the back of the cab to assist in getting in the bed via the step sides.

Replacing wooden bed with new wood and getting a bed cover when used.

Rhino lining the sides of the bed so there are no more ugly scratches.

Replacing the old exhaust with new pipes.

Converting parking lights to be used as turn signals for safety reasons.

Getting the very hard to get off grime on my rims either cleaned by some heavy duty crap or getting them chromed over.

Wiring in tiny fans on the top sides of the dash for both passenger and driver sides to work as make shift air conditioning. *Unless it looks bad*

Replacing entire cab light components. *Mine wont seen to get to work*

Replacing current speakers with better quality ones.

Getting a new stereo since the old one died.

That's about it I guess... After that, she will be perfect! Well, maybe not perfect but still very nice for such an older truck.
Old 10-20-2011, 01:12 AM   #10
hipasschev94

Quote:
Well it has a heavily modified 350 small block that was putting out around 380hp last time I took it to a shop to check but there has been more work done since then so I hope it's around 400 right now. Lift is at 6". I'll show you the chassis tomorrow when there is light. It's in pretty decent shape for it being so old. As clean as it looks in that picture, the inside of the bed is a totally different story. There are a load of scratches all over because I still use it like a truck... I'm thinking about getting it rhino lined on the sides but I'd still keep the wood bed. I'm going to replace the wood with new wood and whenever I use it as a truck I'll just throw down a heavy duty bed mat on the wood so it does not get damaged while the sides will be rhino lined. Otherwise the paint is pretty new as you can see. If you watch the video you will notice that there is new interior seating and the cab itself has new paint to match the exterior. There is not much left for me to do on her. Future plans include:

Handles in the back of the cab to assist in getting in the bed via the step sides.

Replacing wooden bed with new wood and getting a bed cover when used.

Rhino lining the sides of the bed so there are no more ugly scratches.

Replacing the old exhaust with new pipes.

Converting parking lights to be used as turn signals for safety reasons.

Getting the very hard to get off grime on my rims either cleaned by some heavy duty crap or getting them chromed over.

Wiring in tiny fans on the top sides of the dash for both passenger and driver sides to work as make shift air conditioning. *Unless it looks bad*

Replacing entire cab light components. *Mine wont seen to get to work*

Replacing current speakers with better quality ones.

Getting a new stereo since the old one died.

That's about it I guess... After that, she will be perfect! Well, maybe not perfect but still very nice for such an older truck.
sounds like you got your hands full, i would have never geussed it still had a wood bed alot of ppl have changes those to sheet metal, what kind of stereo did you have before it died, aftermarket or stock? i was thinking of rhino lineing the bottom of my truck so it doesnt rust as easily in the chance that i do have to drive it in winter once in a blue moon lol then put in what i think are called nanodes but you hook them up to the fire wall then ground them to the block and body of whatever vehicle you have them on and instead of the body rusting that will contain and rust instead no idea if thats what their really called or where to get them but once i have the truck running that will be a priority lol
Old 10-20-2011, 01:36 AM   #11
Karnage

Quote:
sounds like you got your hands full, i would have never geussed it still had a wood bed alot of ppl have changes those to sheet metal, what kind of stereo did you have before it died, aftermarket or stock? i was thinking of rhino lineing the bottom of my truck so it doesnt rust as easily in the chance that i do have to drive it in winter once in a blue moon lol then put in what i think are called nanodes but you hook them up to the fire wall then ground them to the block and body of whatever vehicle you have them on and instead of the body rusting that will contain and rust instead no idea if thats what their really called or where to get them but once i have the truck running that will be a priority lol
A good amount of work, yes. But heck, I enjoy working on her. I would not be able to remove my wood bed tho. That's one of the reasons I got her in the first place. Replacing it with metal would be smarter but wood is sexy... By the way, I would just re-finish the current wood but the problem with my wood is that it's not just losing color, it's warping. It's VERY old wood and as far as I can tell, whoever the previous owner(s) were did not take care of the wood at all. Thus I am forced to replace it with newer wood. As for my stereo, it was a cheap but decent year 2000something aftermarket. It stopped working so I took it out and have yet to replace it. I've made due with a mini speaker hooked up to my ipod but of course it's nothing compared to an actual vehicle stereo system mainly because the ipod has a volume limiter even tho the speaker itself can go higher when used with a computer. I can't hear anything but my engine past 30 or so... But meh, I am not that big on music to begin with. I will try to get a decent stereo when I can tho. I'm going to drop at least 200 into one instead of the cheapo I had before that did not last long.
Old 10-20-2011, 02:18 AM   #12
hipasschev94

Quote:
A good amount of work, yes. But heck, I enjoy working on her. I would not be able to remove my wood bed tho. That's one of the reasons I got her in the first place. Replacing it with metal would be smarter but wood is sexy... By the way, I would just re-finish the current wood but the problem with my wood is that it's not just losing color, it's warping. It's VERY old wood and as far as I can tell, whoever the previous owner(s) were did not take care of the wood at all. Thus I am forced to replace it with newer wood. As for my stereo, it was a cheap but decent year 2000something aftermarket. It stopped working so I took it out and have yet to replace it. I've made due with a mini speaker hooked up to my ipod but of course it's nothing compared to an actual vehicle stereo system mainly because the ipod has a volume limiter even tho the speaker itself can go higher when used with a computer. I can't hear anything but my engine past 30 or so... But meh, I am not that big on music to begin with. I will try to get a decent stereo when I can tho. I'm going to drop at least 200 into one instead of the cheapo I had before that did not last long.
its to bad your not any closer or i would try to fix the stereo for you, thats on of the things ive always been good at are the systems but right now im re-sudering a pioneer stereo, it works when its cold but once it warms up the sauder joint splits apart, sry about the spelling its not the best haha with my 78 that im going to be able to start working on next year im going to be putting on a k1500 step side box, i might take out the metal floor and replace it with the wood to have some of the classic still in it, my dad started it with hopes of building it show truck quality and i want to put in alittle more custom work to make it stand out a bit
Old 10-20-2011, 06:36 AM   #13
PaRedneckRiders

Quote:
nice truck and i was wondering where can you find the covers around where the key holes? im looking to get that for my 78
Honestly i have no idea, they were on a set of doors i bought for the truck so i just left them on.
PaRedneckRiders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 11:20 AM   #14
chevy355

my 86
Attached Images

Last edited by chevy355; 10-20-2011 at 11:33 AM.
chevy355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 06:14 PM   #15
Karnage

Here are some chassis pics... Or at least what I could take a picture of from the front/rear.

Front

Rear

As you can see, there is little to no rust. Most of the discoloration on everything but the leaf springs is simply dirt/grime.
Old 10-20-2011, 06:48 PM   #16
dman1982

Quote:
that looks awsome ida loved to see a truck come together like that
the cool part is i paid 500 bucks for the truck!!!!
2001-Present

84 K10
2000 trans am ws6
2011 nissan altima
2009 Troy Built with a 42 Inch Deck

My LS Swap http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...=1#post6559371
dman1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 09:58 PM   #17
hipasschev94

Quote:
Here are some chassis pics... Or at least what I could take a picture of from the front/rear.

Front

Rear

As you can see, there is little to no rust. Most of the discoloration on everything but the leaf springs is simply dirt/grime.
almost looks like my set up on the 78, the only diffrence is that i got 4" block and i think either 2 or 4" springs, im planing on taking out the blocks and making it a 8" true suspension lift. wouldnt you just be able to powder coat the springs and that would take care of the discoleration or rust for a good few years?
Old 10-21-2011, 01:20 AM   #18
dieseltech

Here's my 86 Wrangler... 6" lift 37x14.50 toyo open country mt's
Attached Images

6" lift
37x14.50x15
dieseltech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 02:44 AM   #19
hipasschev94

Quote:
Originally Posted by dman1982 View Post
the cool part is i paid 500 bucks for the truck!!!!
nice theres a score
Old 10-21-2011, 02:46 AM   #20
hipasschev94

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieseltech View Post
Here's my 86 Wrangler... 6" lift 37x14.50 toyo open country mt's
that truck is beast i love that stance lol im just curious though, on mine it had a 6' lift and the biggest tires i could fit were the 35" pro comp mudders, how did you fit 37's?
Old 10-21-2011, 10:26 AM   #21
Mr. 250r

On a 7in lift 4in sus. 3in. Body my 85 cleared 38.5s no trimming required now my suburban clears them same lift no rub no trimming
Posted via Mobile Device
1991 V2500 Suburban Silverado - Sold
1991 V2500 Suburban Scottsdale - Big Nasty http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=497423
2001 Ram 3500 5.9 H.O NV56 EC DRW - Sold
2003 1500 Silverado
2004 Ram 3500 5.9 H.O NV56 CC DRW - Sold
2005 Silverado 2500HD 6.6/ZF6 CC LWB
Mr. 250r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 11:49 AM   #22
maskale

Quote:
that truck is beast i love that stance lol im just curious though, on mine it had a 6' lift and the biggest tires i could fit were the 35" pro comp mudders, how did you fit 37's?
The term "it will clear xx" tires" varies greatly.

It all depends on how u drive, width of tires and the offset wheels u have.

my truck with 6" and 1" body will only clear 35's, technically they wont clear them. My front tire will rub the fender on full flex while the tire is turned.

to me what good is a big tire is u cant turn or flex.

If u stay on level ground u can probably run much bigger tires then the next guy.

All depends on ur application.

I like the look of a big tire filling the fender well, u just have to keep it on the street or limit ur flex.

I have mine set up for more flex.
maskale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 11:57 AM   #23
hipasschev94

Quote:
Originally Posted by maskale View Post

my truck with 6" and 1" body will only clear 35's, technically they wont clear them. My front tire will rub the fender on full flex while the tire is turned.

If u stay on level ground u can probably run much bigger tires then the next guy.

I like the look of a big tire filling the fender well, u just have to keep it on the street or limit ur flex.

ok thanks
Old 10-23-2011, 12:29 AM   #24
dieseltech

Quote:
the lift is from rough country and was the only 6" lift i found that supported the 37" tire....

6" lift
37x14.50x15
Old 10-23-2011, 12:40 AM   #25
dieseltech

Quote:
Originally Posted by maskale View Post

Very true...it all depends on what your building your rig for.....for me its more of an attention getter, my days of mud boggin' and rock crawling are over....don't get me wrong it still sees the back country i just don't feel the need to have a truck that can max out an rti ramp.

6" lift
37x14.50x15