The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-17-2012, 04:46 AM   #1
desertnick69

Project "a Good truck"

Well it's been a little over 1 yr since the accident so i thought that i would start my build thread. The truck i lost had been in my family for 42 yrs. Bought by my uncle and daily driven by him my dad and then myself (at the time of the accident i called my dad before my wife or the ins. office). I had grown-up with that truck and have started putting it back together. Man is this some hot hard work. well this is how it all started and i found this site in Jan. of 2012. You guy's have been a heck of a lot of help and very supportive (and non-judgmental even if we all can't speel)
Attached Images

Last edited by desertnick69; 06-17-2012 at 04:50 AM. Reason: add commits
desertnick69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 05:11 AM   #2
desertnick69

Re: Project "a Good truck"

Here is my replacement truck got it for a little bit of nothing. Cab and front clip rust free. Needs a bit of attention on the top of the cab. Thats not the good part driving it home and when you put on the brakes she wanted to take a right hand turn real bad. So i just had to check out the front end(the normal ball joints tieros etc.)
Attached Images

Old 06-17-2012, 05:20 AM   #3
desertnick69

Re: Project "a Good truck"

Well this is what i found. Along with worn out ball joints, tie rods the nomal. just waiting to get all the parts and start rebuilding. I am going to use most of the parts off the blue truck to make it like the truck i grew up with.
Attached Images