The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-09-2015, 07:00 PM   #1
chris989

power window switch

Hello all,

Anyone know where i can find a power window switch fro a driver front 89 suburban? the 4 switch that controls all the windows. I really only need the bezel as it is cracked and i can only locate an entire switch from LMC trucks.

LMC wants 100$ for it and it probably sucks.

Mine works fine, it just will not stay in the door panel because the tab has cracked off.

Thanks in advance,
Chris
chris989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 07:08 PM   #2
68c10owner

Re: power window switch

I got my ACDELCO switches from rockauto. Mine are only double and single but I'm sure they have what you need.
Old 12-09-2015, 07:43 PM   #3
wildwilly4x4

I got my master switch on ebay, along with buying new switches for the pass, and back doors for my crew cab. I also did the relay mod at the same time so that my switches and everything would all be new. Switches should last forever after doing the relay mod, and my windows are faster than ever. I think I got all of my switches total in the $75ish range (AC Delco brand)
wildwilly4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 11:32 PM   #4
chris989

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildwilly4x4 View Post
I got my master switch on ebay, along with buying new switches for the pass, and back doors for my crew cab. I also did the relay mod at the same time so that my switches and everything would all be new. Switches should last forever after doing the relay mod, and my windows are faster than ever. I think I got all of my switches total in the $75ish range (AC Delco brand)

Thanks for the replies,,

It is the 4gang switch i I need, really just the chrome trim..

I am doing the relay mods too, WOW what a difference, I can not believe i put it off so long.

I find the 4gang switch but it say 1977-81. I will check ebay again
Old 12-09-2015, 11:34 PM   #5
chris989

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68c10owner View Post
I got my ACDELCO switches from rockauto. Mine are only double and single but I'm sure they have what you need.
I checked rock auto,, they only have the single and double.

chris
Old 12-10-2015, 10:48 AM   #6
gmachinz
Account Suspended

I have a few nice switches w/nice bezel....$35 shipped to your door! PM me if interested! The 77-81 are stainless I believe while the later ones are plastic...and, the window motors are different for those years as well.
gmachinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 11:15 AM   #7
Man With A Gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildwilly4x4 View Post
What is this relay mod?

All standard cabs
Man With A Gun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 11:48 AM   #8
gmachinz
Account Suspended

There are a few options. The most common is adding relay off the switches to carry the voltage load. Its more efficient than the switch carrying the loads. I take it a step further by adding solid state relay modules to provide relay power AND auto down. I also make them with auto up as well for most years. Relays can be easily added to your existing harness IF they are in good shape-the most common problem is the wire strands coming out of the OEM switch cavities break apart over time. I've solved this design flaw in my harness constructions but if you use your existing harness just be sure to carefully inspect it all before adding any kind of mod such as a relay upgrade.
gmachinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 01:30 PM   #9
68c10owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmachinz View Post
There are a few options. The most common is adding relay off the switches to carry the voltage load. Its more efficient than the switch carrying the loads. I take it a step further by adding solid state relay modules to provide relay power AND auto down. I also make them with auto up as well for most years. Relays can be easily added to your existing harness IF they are in good shape-the most common problem is the wire strands coming out of the OEM switch cavities break apart over time. I've solved this design flaw in my harness constructions but if you use your existing harness just be sure to carefully inspect it all before adding any kind of mod such as a relay upgrade.
I have new ACDelco switches that I haven't installed yet. Could I use them for your auto up/down mod?