The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-26-2013, 04:40 PM   #1
shopteacher

1967 3/4 ton Cummins GMC

Well after looking at all of these great looking Chevy and GMC pickups for years I thought it was about time I started on mine.

I had a 67 GMC 25 years ago and selling it was a sad day for me, so I found a 3/4 ton fleetside 67 GMC in pretty original condition and decided it would be a great 2WD Cummins diesel conversion.

First I stripped and power washed the inside and disassembled to not only check it out, but to prep for body work and paint! Plus it is nice to have stuff out of the way for the cummins conversion.

I bought a 1993 Dodge 1 ton for the engine (165K) and automatic overdrive transmission. The bad part is I used the engine in another conversion, a 1999 Ford Super Duty that my son and I did.

Well I started tearing it down and cutting 12 Inches out of the frame to make it a short wheel base. I had a Sterling rear end that I had from a F250 with a 7.3 IDI that went under the rear.

I had drum breaks on the front so I traded some parts for a 1977 Chevy 3/4 ton disk brake front end, so about 16 bolts later out with the old and in with the newer, along with that came a power steering box to round out the front end.
shopteacher is offline   Reply With Quote