The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Closed Thread

Old 05-23-2014, 03:22 PM   #1
dean jendro
Old and crusty

CL find; YIKES

NOT MINE

http://seattle.craigslist.org/skc/cto/4438902314.html

64 Chevy Short Step LS
Old 05-23-2014, 04:33 PM   #2
Wolfinthesnow
I put the laughter n slaughter

Re: CL find; YIKES

Lose the goofy spoiler on the roof and I'd drive that beast like it was stolen.
Old 05-23-2014, 04:57 PM   #3
96Indyram

That is/was owned by a member on here: terri is his name:
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/member.php?u=138027
Old 05-23-2014, 07:48 PM   #4
TJ's Chevy
Post Whore

No comment.
Old 05-23-2014, 08:35 PM   #5
pimpston65

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.J. MCCAULEY View Post
No comment.
so thats how one makes $20,000
Old 05-23-2014, 09:45 PM   #6
Sharps40
Account Suspended

Dayum....
Old 05-23-2014, 09:57 PM   #7
familyfast64

I think it's cool as all hell for what it is... A toy.
Old 05-23-2014, 10:13 PM   #8
the ideaman

I like the wood springs in the front.
Old 05-23-2014, 10:20 PM   #9
familyfast64

But I wouldn't pay 20....:/
Old 05-23-2014, 11:16 PM   #10
Softpatch

I hope it sell's and the new owner finds us here
Two folds
one resale of our truck jump up
two not my cup-o but someones vision and for that it is a work of talent
1966 C-20 .....Swap 91 G-30(5.7 FI)/4L80E
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=789617
59 Viking Revival .. http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=632341
Old 05-24-2014, 10:13 AM   #11
hotrodder

Except for the grille/headlights / spoiler, that thing is badass!!!!
Old 05-24-2014, 10:37 AM   #12
61_FL_Apache
Who Me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrodder View Post
Except for the grille/headlights / spoiler, that thing is badass!!!!
x2

1997 Tahoe LT 4D 2WD (DD)
2001 Blazer 4D 2WD
1961 Apache 10 (sold)
1965 C10 Stepper (sold)
Old 05-24-2014, 11:44 AM   #13
Premium72

20k!!! Smoke'n that good stuff up in Seattle. GEESH!
Old 05-24-2014, 05:01 PM   #14
tincan1966

Why not $20K ???

For the nay sayers: why don't you go invest the time and talent it takes to do that kind of work and see what you think it's worth.

Pretty routine, closed minded thinking around this site lately- that anything you don't like is supposedly worthless. It worth whatever a man will sell it for and what another will pay. If you're not the one buying or selling, the opinion is what's worthless.
Old 05-24-2014, 07:08 PM   #15
hotrodder

well said Tincan, the same comments appear about the ratrod streetrods. It is cool, the dude that built it has talent, it's his and he can price it as he sees fit.he is supporting the truck market
Old 05-25-2014, 11:16 PM   #16
familyfast64

Quote:
Originally Posted by tincan1966 View Post
Why not $20K ???

For the nay sayers: why don't you go invest the time and talent it takes to do that kind of work and see what you think it's worth.

Pretty routine, closed minded thinking around this site lately- that anything you don't like is supposedly worthless. It worth whatever a man will sell it for and what another will pay. If you're not the one buying or selling, the opinion is what's worthless.
Unfortunately, investing the time and money doesn't always get you a return in equal proportions. Ha, but I'm not meaning to be disrespectful in anyway whatsoever. I'm just the guy that loves the work you've done but understands the work I want to do and to accomplish that, I'm gonna need to remind you that the market for custom "rat rods"(I think that's fair) might be growing but there no way it's worth more than an original pristine condition truck. Which is hardly 20 gs as it is. And I'm talking average, obviously there's always the exception. I would then say..Plus, seriously, 20 grand and it's not drivable? But hey, you surely know the game as well and that's why you started way up there like that,...right? I am not rich and willing to pay to dollar for something I desire either. Your car it's a work of art tho and you prolly won't believe ne but I've had your truck saved in my phone for months now... About that long. I think it's rad.
Old 05-26-2014, 12:20 AM   #17
imjeff

Quote:
Originally Posted by tincan1966 View Post
Why not $20K ???

Wow! While I agree that things are worth what someone is willing to pay, I don't think a differing opinion makes their opinion "worthless". You claim to not be a "self proclaimed expert", yet on your page you list your specialty in pre 70 trucks (as a profession). I have gained a lot of valuable information from this site even after turning wrenches on these trucks for almost 40 years. You claim to only gain "minor" information that you knew anyway (not professing to be expert?), refuse to pay, and threaten to leave. You complain about the dangerous advice given to our younger members yet list one of your hobbies as "avid street racer"?.? Then you call members who disagree with your valuation of a rat rod hypocrites? Sounds like you've got an axe to grind. The moderators do a great job at enforcing the "no-bashing" policy. The seller probably increased the likelihood of selling his truck through this very discussion.
67 Chevelle 396, 4 speed
74 FXE
08 Tahoe
Old 05-26-2014, 07:55 AM   #18
tincan1966

Quote:
Originally Posted by imjeff View Post
Wow! While I agree that things are worth what someone is willing to pay, I don't think a differing opinion makes their opinion "worthless". You claim to not be a "self proclaimed expert", yet on your page you list your specialty in pre 70 trucks (as a profession). I have gained a lot of valuable information from this site even after turning wrenches on these trucks for almost 40 years. You claim to only gain "minor" information that you knew anyway (not professing to be expert?), refuse to pay, and threaten to leave. You complain about the dangerous advice given to our younger members yet list one of your hobbies as "avid street racer"?.? Then you call members who disagree with your valuation of a rat rod hypocrites? Sounds like you've got an axe to grind. The moderators do a great job at enforcing the "no-bashing" policy. The seller probably increased the likelihood of selling his truck through this very discussion.
If you're going to come knocking on me at least read the facts right. AVID STREET RODDER AND DRAG RACER is the actual quote. I am strongly against street racing BTW

Doing something for a living does not make one an expert, it's just s job. Everyone has something to learn, I just haven't learned much here that I didn't already know from owning and working on these trucks all my life. Still not an expert. I think that term is an over-exaggeration of one's own ability.

The only axe I have to grind is the whole "mine worth mega bucks, but yours isn't" attitude most of the forums bring out when something different is posted.
I don't particularly care for restored, original trucks, I think they are dated an boring, but I will still compliment an owner for the amount of work and the finished product, because I do understand what it takes to achieve that finished goal. It's not any different for the vehicle in question on this thread. The owner of that truck has countless hours in fabrication, and execution of his concept. To me , it seems that a lot of people think the Rat Rod hobby is a bunch of thrown together POS's that ruin "good parts". When in fact, a lot of what I've seen are guys wanting something outside the box, fun and are actually saving a lot of sheet metal that isn't restoration quality from the scrap heap.

My refusal to pay for this site, has several issues. Mostly with the whole advertising concept. You cannot even mention anything you might be selling yourself, but yet can post countless ads from ebay and CL of everyone else's items? Guess I am too thick to understand but to me advertising for sale is advertising for sale. But it appears that making money for someone else or helping them sell items is ok, as long you are not making it yourself. So I could easily post stuff on CL or whatever, list my buddies phone number then copy and paste it here, claim it as "not mine" and be within the rules. Seems fair enough, right?

I don't mind anyone disagreeing with me, but if you're gonna try to call me out on something, don't be swingin' noodles in a knife fight! Make sure you're using the right info and not what you want to read.
Old 05-24-2014, 07:15 PM   #19
Sharps40
Account Suspended

Well, it can't be worth too much runnin on 4x4 pine springs. Talent maybe... if the pressure treated springs ain't really necessary to keep it off the tarmac....but vision? Nah, not seein much there beyond some seriously damaged vintage sheetmetal.

Spect my opinion might earn me a chalk mark from staff....so be it.
Old 05-24-2014, 07:28 PM   #20
tincan1966

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharps40 View Post
Well, it can't be worth too much runnin on 4x4 pine springs. Talent maybe... if the pressure treated springs ain't really necessary to keep it off the tarmac....but vision? Nah, not seein much there beyond some seriously damaged vintage sheetmetal.

Spect my opinion might earn me a chalk mark from staff....so be it.
Some of you honestly THINK he is running the boards for springs?!? WOW !
I look at that say-hmm I guess he aired out the bags and didn't want the headers to hit the ground before the frame. But I'm just logical that way.

Damaged sheet metal?? Didn't see any- Again, another jump off the peer comment without knowing any real info. MAYBE, just maybe this was one of those cabs with the bottom 6" rotted clear off and he SAVED it from being junked.

My project is by far not popular with a lot of guys. I DON'T CARE It's mine, the same as yours is yours.

Why do these threads have to continually bash other rides because they are different?
This was the very reason I was going to leave last year and why I refuse to pay for this site anymore. AND the reason I am going to leave.

Hate to see a decent hobby ruined by hypocrites. I've talked to a lot of FORMER members from these boards lately, and I understand why they went somewhere else.
Old 05-24-2014, 07:32 PM   #21
Sharps40
Account Suspended

Have it yer way. You want welded doors and a hole in the roof and design that won't protect parts from damage when the air is out because it doesn't work together then pony up the bucks to buy it or go out and butcher yer own. But don't lecture others about havin and expressin their own opinions. We are allowed to have opinions against an item and can be as rabidly against a style as you seem to wannabe rabidly supportive of an ugly baby. That's the nature of the hobby. Not everybody likes the same thing.

Last edited by Sharps40; 05-24-2014 at 07:38 PM.
Old 05-24-2014, 07:43 PM   #22
tincan1966

That's the nature of the hobby. Not everybody likes the same thing.

Good point, but why is it "wrong" or does it have to be bashed because if it?
Old 05-24-2014, 07:44 PM   #23
earl84

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but it's obvious the guy put in a lot of time and effort on this, and even if you don't like it, he displays some talent. Personally, it's not my cup of tea, either, but damn that would be fun to drive.
Hope you don't leave tincan66, there might be a few posts that people put on here without putting a lot of thought into it, but you are a valued resource here, and this board is the best anywhere on the Internet. Not very many personal attacks happen here.
Old 05-24-2014, 07:53 PM   #24
tincan1966

Quote:
Originally Posted by earl84 View Post
Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but it's obvious the guy put in a lot of time and effort on this, and even if you don't like it, he displays some talent. Personally, it's not my cup of tea, either, but damn that would be fun to drive.
Hope you don't leave tincan66, there might be a few posts that people put on here without putting a lot of thought into it, but you are a valued resource here, and this board is the best anywhere on the Internet. Not very many personal attacks happen here.
Thanks Earl, but my input has never been respected here, at all, because I do not profess to be a self proclaimed expert-like a lot of members. I'm just a guy who's done this professionally for over 30 years, and tried to relay some of that to a few. I've learned a few minor things here, but mostly nothing I didn't already know.

In the short time I've been here, I've seen so much bad advise and DANGEROUS recommendations made , it makes me about half sick, and seriously concerned for the safety of some of the younger members that are trying to learn.
The focus here has always been "cheapest is best" Not a focus on safety, as it should be.

So with that, I am out!

Good luck to some, enjoyed it for a while.
Old 05-24-2014, 07:52 PM   #25
Sharps40
Account Suspended

I think if there was any serious bashin the mods would already wiped the memory cells clean and admonished folks. They's pretty good at doin that.

I think this is more about members worryen if they might hurt someone feelings causa that rule on the board ya can't say nothing bad about a members truck......but that rule don't keep ya from havin and spressin an opinion, including if you think the project is somewhat less than beautiful or less valuable. Lotsa folks on here are afraid to express their true opinions causa that rule hangin over their head.......realistically, if its ugly and ya say, its ugly in a decent manner,...so be it no harm done. That ain't bashin....but it might be truth.

To me, every bagged truck layin on the ground like a forgotten hulk in the junk yard is ugly, regardless of color and bling and talent and $$ wasted. But that's my opinion and yours will likely differ.

If you think mine is ugly or I'm an ass for crackin pistons in a perfectly good olds engine that it came with, that's your opinion but i'll differ and say I weren't an ass for crackin pistons, just a bit stupid. Live and learn.
Closed Thread