The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > Welcome Area

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-30-2007, 12:33 AM   #1
bigdaddy64

Hello everyone from Oregon

Glad to be a new member of this forum! My dad was nice enough to give me his fathers truck. My dad had planned on putting in a 455 Pontiac ( he had the Turbo 400 rebuilt and beefed up just for that reason) so he could tow his camp trailer, but decided to go with a newer truck, beacause as you all know, the '66 Chevy came with drum brakes all around. Well his loss was my gain. He gave me the truck with the roll-up camper on it. Guess what was the first to go. Yep, chopped up the camper after stripping it, wasn't much left to it because of wood rot. The camper was put on the truck when my grandfather bought it new, and had maybe been off the truck 3 or 4 times. As you can see from the pictures, the bed wood was in cherry condition. I welded the rear roll pan on that I had picked up a few years ago in Pleasanton, Ca. , then added airbags to the rear, and cut 2 coils from the front springs. My grandfather had put a hairhorn on it, so i already had the air tank, and will soon have the engine mounted compressor back on it once I add a clutch to the pump. For now I have a cheap 12 volt compressor to keep the air tank filled. I now have the bags for the front, so i will be adding them as soon as I order dropped spindles. Once i do that, then i'll Z the frame so i can drop the back some more. I've also started on the body work, filling in the stake pockets, smoothing the body for a black coat of primer.

Well, i'm glad to be here, and hope to pick up some good ideas, and hopefully have some of my own to share.
Attached Images

bigdaddy64 is offline   Reply With Quote