The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-11-2008, 04:44 PM   #11
pgf545

Re: 52 Project

Cole, Sorry I missed your post. I think that a good small block would be a better choice. The reason I say that is because a big block is really tight. The distributor is going to hit the already recessed firewall and the water pump pulley is only about 1/4 inch from the radiator fan. We had a radiator and fan setup custom built and everything is still really tight. The reason we are running a big block is because we already had it and I was up to the challenge. If it was mine and I was starting from scratch the small block would be the motor of choice. This truck is going to be cool when it is done but it has been a ton of work and for your first truck I think keeping it simple would be the way to go. There are a lot of projects out there that never get finished because the owner gets in over his head. Get the thing running and then you can do other thing to it as you can afford it or have the abilities to do them. That way you can enjoy the truck. I have been working on this thing for 2 years and hopefully we are going to have the running gear in it soon and then we are going to do the body work. If you have anymore questions post them and I or someone on here will try to answer them.

Bernie