The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-02-2010, 10:38 PM   #10
gopokes

Re: Project “Learning as I Go”

Got a little more done, as I go I seem to find that I need to do something else before I can finish what I started with. I realized that the rear floor pan going down to the cab corner needs some patching. I looked into a repalcement but since they are $60 bucks a piece I decided I'm going to make my own peice. I'm not too worried about it being "perfect" in other people's eyes, this isn't going to be a show winner.

I got the gas tank out and am ready to cut out the cab corner and floor pan peice. This would be much easier with the bed off, unfortunately I don't have room to put it if I took it off. I am going to use some tall jack stands we used for working on irigation pipe back in the day to raise it up enough to work under. The ADD started kicking in lately and I think I have decided to start cutting the bed and frame down after I get this side of the cab finished. This will help with the garage space, sucks working in a two car garage. I finally got my brothers welder to my house so hopefully I can pick up the pace.