The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-25-2010, 12:28 AM   #1
Tyler212

Possible stroker Build

Ok this is my 1st post so if I forget or omit something I'm sorry its late and I need some help. If this is already answered somewhere else I couldn't find it and redirect me if you can and I would be very grateful.

I recently bought a remanufactured engine from a company I thought to be reliable. Turns out it wasn't. I'm gonna have to pull the motor out and rebuild it from the bottom up. I was thinking I might try to stroke it if it wasn't too expensive. I understand that building a motor is and you can put either 1,500 or 15,000 into it just depending on how much ya got. So lets assume I'm on
the lower end.

What its got:
350 bored .060 over
4 bolt main
Flat topped pistons
Stock cam

I know its alot thinner than most the strokers I've been able to find but didn't know if it completely shot my chances or not. The guy told me it was a stock rebuilt. So pretty much machined enough to clean it up and slapped together. About the quality of motor I got anyway.

I didn't figure the top end really mattered as much for the moment. I'll worry about that if I can follow though with the bottem. I mainly am concerned with clearence, machiene work, aftermarket parts, ect. that I would need or is suggested.

I don't have a set horsepower, torque and am not too picky at the moment about what goes on it. I want it to run off pump gas is about it. I'm almost positive I've left out some kind of important information and again I'm sorry.
Tyler212 is offline   Reply With Quote