The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-27-2011, 09:44 AM   #1
70truckguy

My old '70 farm truck

I've decided to start my own thread and maybe through this I can save someone else some trouble. I'll add pictures as I can to show some specifics and try to answer any questions anyone has.

I have had my truck since 1992 and I completely took it apart, painted it, and put it back together back then. I was 16 and 17 years old when I did it so the work wasn't great but its held up pretty good considering the cheap paint I used. From the factory it was a 350/3-speed, no a/c.

I started with "old blue" by buying it from a cousin of mine and dragging it out of a hay barn with a skid steer. My great-great uncle had used it as his farm truck until he retired and then his grandson used it until it was parked.

I swapped the front spindles from a '78 chevy truck (to get 5-hole and disc brakes), the rear end from an olds 98 station wagon (5-hole) and installed a 383 to push the saginaw 3-speed. I also put a home made gas tank under the bed and put the filler neck in the fender from a '64 nova. Swapped seat from a 1992 chevy and got a grant steering wheel since the factory wheel was down to a metal bar. I switched to Jeep style taillights and made my spare tire holder a 5-hole. I also installed a new outer grille and painted my headlight bezels. I swapped in rear coils from a '69 3/4 ton, factory big block front coils to stiffen it up a bit.

Everything else was left factory, or as it was when I got it. I had wanted to upgrade a lot of things about the old truck back lacked the money to do it.

Last edited by 70truckguy; 05-27-2011 at 10:25 AM.
70truckguy is offline   Reply With Quote