The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-14-2011, 02:23 PM   #1
trevorrhine

Project "Daily Driver"

PROJECT "DAILY DRIVER"
1967 Chevy C10 SWB

I've had this truck since early June 2011, I figured it was about time to start a build thread on it...I worked on it pretty hard until late August, and then college started back up...so now I work on it in between homework, class, and spending time with friends/family. I've got a vision of how awesome its going to be when I get her on the road, so that keeps me going.

I plan on driving this truck everyday when I'm finished with it, I have a passion for these trucks. My first vehicle was a 72 chevy c20 cheyenne, ever since then I've loved these things. I'm currently driving a 92 toyota 4x4 that I got a steal on, but I'd much rather be driving a classic. I've also got a 68 Firebird in the garage that is currently on the backburner, we just nearly finished a FULL restoration on it and it just needs a bunch of small cosmetic items to make her complete. That's my weekend/fair weather show car, it doesn't see the rain like my Chevy will...but its a truck, it can handle it

I'll try to start from the beginning, as far as what I've done to the truck.

I bought in in running and and almost driving condition (needed lots of brake work and some other small things). But my plan was to strip in down and do a full repaint/restoration on the truck anyways. Was told all the rust was replaced behind/in the rocker panels and the cab corners had been done, also that it had a 327 chev in it. Seemed like a nice guy, so I believed him (bad choice). Ended up being a 307 and there was tons of rust behind the new rockers that i tore out and replaced. Recently picked up a 327 off craigslist for $650 (5000k on FULL rebuild, balanced, forged crank, roller rockers, hyd cam, holley 4bbl, high torque starter, milodon strip pan, cast aluminum valve covers). Turns out that this 327 came out of a 68 c10, too bad it wasn't a 67....that would have been kinda cool. I've only ran it on my frame, but it has to be around 350hp

Had the trans checked out while it was out, and it needed a full rebuild. I guess the planetary gears were about to disintegrate. Had my tranny guy do that for $450 w/ full transgo shift kit.

The bed that came on the truck was TOAST so after searching craigslist, I found one in Gardnerville, NV. So, my dad and I took a mini vacation and drove down there to get it from Vancouver (rust free, workable dent, and a great deal)....Thanks ctpchevy!

I stripped the whole cab by hand in our garage and sandblasted it all by myself in the driveway, what a messy job that was! Just a heads up, sandblasting when its 90 degrees outside is not the least bit fun haha. After the cab was stripped, pulled it off the frame and stood it on its back to primer/seam seal/undercoat the bottom of the truck. Also finished painting the section of frame that the guy told us he had already finished. Then it was time to begin the body work. Everything is turning out very nicely, especially since I am doing almost all of the work myself (keep in mind I'm only 19 lol). I'm currently almost finished blocking out the whole cab for the first time(180 grit), then I'm going to reprime it and block it two more times (320 and then 600 wet) to get it looking like glass.

I'm sure I've forgot something, but if you have any questions or want to see more pictures of something let me know!! I already have hundreds of pics....I look forward to becoming an avid member of this forum!
Attached Images

trevorrhine is offline   Reply With Quote