The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-24-2012, 09:47 PM   #1
63ChevC10

63 C10 Won't Start!

First off, hello everyone. My name is Jerry and this is my first post to this forum. I recently bought a 63 C10 long bed with the 230-6 and 3 on the tree. It ran rough when I bought it, but it was good enough to get it home. In the process of trying to clean up the fuel system, I seem to have made it worse. I put some fuel treatment in it, a new filter, a new fuel pump, and I rebuilt the carb. It will start, but that often takes a bit and when it does it seems to only run until the bowl is dry and then it dies...yet the bowl has fuel in it. I checked the output from the pump (didn't measure PSI output) and it seems to be putting out plenty. The last time it died I took the top off of the carb while it was still on the engine and it was full of fuel. I did notice that it doesn't give that squirt of fuel when I pump the throttle. I'm thinking that's the key to this, but I can't figure out why. I'm on the edge of buying a rebuilt carb, but before I do I wanted to see if any of you have suggestions.

Thanks in advance!
63ChevC10 is offline   Reply With Quote