The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Racing and high performance (trucks haulin more than hay)

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-05-2013, 06:36 PM   #1
bigboybodry

front coil springs once again

I have picked up several front coil springs and cut,trimed and modified the spring buckets at the top to take a regular spring instead of a tapered spring and still not to happy with any of them. Who will build a set of front springs for my truck off of the weights etc.... I am sick of trying this one and that one. SORRY GUYS!!!! I know you all are tired of my spring junk too!

For the ones that are wondering the front of the truck moves around alot. When you launch "if it launches" it transfers great to the rear tires but when the truck settles down the front end is moving around alot side to side (bobbing). After the pass is made and you get on the brake the front end dives to the ground as if the the front k-member is going to hit the ground. It is a hand full to drive for sure. I have put the truck up after our last race because it got bent out of shape real bad at the 330. My wife says no more until I fix the problem. Thanks for any and all input