The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-31-2013, 04:33 PM   #11
Jahloha

Re: For Gramps (1970 C20 RestoMod)

These past two weeks have been difficult, but awesome. I had the chance to head back to California for two week to meet up with my Hawaii family and also my family in SoCal. A few thoughts/highlights from the trip:

-I also had the opportunity to spend about 3 hours with Gramps one on one, looking through all the pics of the build and talking about each step. To see his reaction and approval of what I have been doing is why I am doing this. Bottom line of my visit with his is that seeing me work on his old truck and want to restore it because it was his, gives him pride. And that makes me extremely happy.

-the weather was awesome and nearly everywhere we went, I saw some sort of classic cursing the streets. Year round 70s weather is amazing, I really missed it. Best car I saw was this 50s Ford Pickup that is in final stages of restoration.
Name:  photo 3.jpg
Views: 894
Size:  46.5 KB
Name:  photo 4.jpg
Views: 897
Size:  102.9 KB
This is a close up of his colored Raptor Liner bed coating. I have though about possibly doing this in my build. He gave it high reviews, seeing as his truck will be a show truck, I do not see his bed being used often, in order to see wear and tear. But, esthetically it was awesome.
Name:  photo 5.jpg
Views: 862
Size:  55.0 KB
Old BelAir
Name:  photo 1.jpg
Views: 864
Size:  41.7 KB
Although I wouldn't restore a VW bus, I have always loved the lines and two tones on these:
Name:  photo 2.jpg
Views: 868
Size:  52.4 KB

It was a great trip. If I had scheduled our days better, I would have swung by CPP and tried to link up with some of our members, but family time was definitely the main focus. Next time for sure, I will hit some of you up to swing by and take a look at your trucks.

I am ready to get back on the grind with the truck and have switched by frame painting plans and will be going with MasterSeries Coatings. I am ordering today and will do a write up once completed.

Mahalo

My grandpa, Gramps, won a 1970 C20 in 1969 for $1. I'm on a mission to restore it before he passes.

My 1970 C20 Build Thread
Jahloha is offline   Reply With Quote