The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-12-2014, 06:26 PM   #1
bigo181979

Project "Texas Pete". A dedication to my brother.

The Story:

Well this truck use to belong to my brother Pete for about 20 years. About 14 years ago at the age of 36 he had a major heart attack and a quadruple bypass. After his surgery his health continued to decline over the years until February of this year when he suffered what would be his last major heart attack and passed away.

This truck was always his pride and joy and he swore to everyone he would never sell it. By 2007 his health had declined to the point that it kept him from being able to work on or maintain it any more. By this time he had moved to Kansas from Texas, where he had spent most of his adult life, and he needed a much more reliable means of transportation to take him back and forth to see his daughter. So I traded him a very nice Honda Accord for the truck along with an explicit agreement that I would never sell the truck.

I started to disassemble the truck in 2007, but due to "life" getting in the way several times I had to stop and it has sat in my garage since... that is until this past weekend. My family came to town for my graduation and my dad surprised me with my gift. I had the choice of getting my old completely customized 2002 Silverado back that I sold him years ago or $5000 to invest into the 68... well the 2002 was worth way more then the cash, but I have really been wanting to start back on the truck since my brother passed away earlier this year. So the decision was made and me and dad set out to get project "Texas Pete" rolling this past weekend while he was in town.

First pictures are of when I got the truck back in 2007.
Attached Images

bigo181979 is offline   Reply With Quote