The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Forums > Alternate Tinkerings

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-10-2014, 08:58 AM   #26
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

Re: Crank Wankel - RX7

I replaced all the brake parts front and rear. They work but there is some chatter in the brake pedal I can't get rid of. Not like from a warped drum or rotor, but a faster vibration you can feel in the seat and pedal. Also can't find the source of a metal to metal sound from the rear that only comes up occasionally. I saw where a drum was rubbing the backing plate and I thought I had it corrected, but since I'm still getting the noise, I'm not sure. I can't find any play in the axle or other problems back there.

I found another RX in a junkyard and gutted the entire interior out of it. Its from an 83 and was nicer overall. I also got a passenger window regulator and a few other parts from it cuz mine was shot.

Other than that I haven't worked on it a lot. There have been a few reasons. My son is now in auto body school and we have talked about him using it as a school project. Also I have been talking to a guy that has a 47 oldsmobile thats basically a roller and he's a mazda fan. We are working on a trade. His car plus $1000 for my mazda.

I'm just not in love with this car. My plan originally was to fix it up a bit and sell it.
hgs_notes is offline   Reply With Quote