The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-23-2015, 11:53 AM   #1
68shortwide

My 67-72 Build(s)

A year and a half ago a close family friend gave me two trucks and a ton of parts. It included (What he thought was) a 68 cab and chassis, a fairly complete 69/70 Stepside and a pile of fenders, grills, doors, and an extra swb fleetside bed. Life's gotten in the way since then with more than a couple family health emergencies, school, and a general lack of time and funds. So a year and a half later my dad and I set off on Saturday to bring home a bed-load of parts, the cab and chassis. After some looking over it's actually a '72 cab and chassis. We're going back this weekend (depending on rain and heat) to get the stepside and other parts. Also between last January and now my dad got me a surprise gift of a bagged 68 project. It's kinda rough but all the components are there to make a hell of a nice truck. The previous owner was a friend of my dad's who unfortunately suffered a heart attack while mowing the lawn and passed away mid-build. His wife and son sold it to my dad knowing that the project he started would be loved and finished my us. So I have 3 trucks, a ton of parts, and 3 different visions. All are shortbeds, and I'll try to post some pics when I get home. Purists be warned, none will remain or be built to stock
1968 ShortWide
1969 ShortStep

Last edited by 68shortwide; 06-23-2015 at 12:00 PM.
68shortwide is offline   Reply With Quote