The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-04-2016, 12:29 AM   #1
Tropical Snowstorm
Lurky lurky

Project Neglected 72

I've had this truck since September of 2008 and it has unfortunately lead a pretty forgotten life under my watch. It replaced my dark olive and white truck that was stolen with this one and ever since my life has been a whirlwind...

Here is the green truck, my first real build and one I thought I'd always have. It was stolen April of 2007 and never recovered.

Here is the yellow truck when I first got it... hard to tell the bed, rockers, and cab corners were all made of bondo I knew when I bought it that the body was rough, it had a new crate engine and ran like a champ. From 20 feet away it looked pretty good and for the price it filled the gap of the green truck.

I drove the truck occasionally like this over the next couple of years and then ended up moving from Atlanta, GA to Alaska in 2010. So it went into storage up at the family cabin and sat forgotten for almost 4 years. This is what I found after I moved back from Alaska and put it at my parent's place

A couple years ago I found a bed for it and talked my dad and his neighbors into helping me swap it out

Fast forward to now, after getting married, having two kids, and moving 4 times in 3 years I'm finally in a place with a shop and have all the toys captured in one place! The Camaro came with me on the last 3 moves 1970 Camaro Thread and the 1965 Impala that my dad I put together when I was 14 came to Tennessee when we moved. Last night the truck finally showed up! My two year old son loved the tow truck and I am looking forward to getting it back on the road. Here are some current pictures:

My son pumped to have a tow truck in the driveway

Settled in the driveway

It's new home, hopefully it will be out and about this summer

Plans for now are to go through the fuel system, brakes, and necessities to get it running and driving reliably. Then very slowly (A two year old and a 9 month old plus a 60+ hr a week job) work on the cosmetics. I miss having a 72 to bounce around in, it brings back so many good memories, the green truck was my DD from 2001-2004... I'll update as time and money allows!
Tropical Snowstorm is offline   Reply With Quote