The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-31-2017, 06:39 AM   #1
cjoenny89

For those of you with 3OTT

I have a 68 C20 327 with just under 48,000 original miles grandpa never drove it much. Anyway since I have been working on it and put it back together I have noticed that the clutch pedal is at the top of the stroke which make its difficult to drive with a shutter or smooth take off. everything else I have or have owned has had the clutch grab a few inched from the floor.
I never drove this truck in its heyday and when grandpa died dad parked it.
We have since had the engine out and did lots of things to get it back on the road after sitting for so long. Question being since we had the engine out did we mess up the alignment with the pedal? Was it always set up that way to grab at the top of the stroke and not by the floor? The clutch doesn't slip and it engages well. for those of you who have the 3 OTT is there any adjustment to make the clutch grab lower to the floor or is this normal?
Or is the pressure plate wore out at 48K miles and 50 years? Things got 100% better when I replaced the carrier bearing but my issue is where the clutch pedal grabs.
Thanks