The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-04-2021, 07:10 PM   #1
GASoline71
"I ain't nobody, dork."

My Dad's 1970 CST/10 Comes Home With Me

A very emotional day yesterday. My Dad has owned this 1970 CST/10 since 1976. It has a pretty snotty 350 in it with a T-10 4-speed and a Hurst floor shift. Anyone who lived in my hometown of Orting, WA since then knows this truck. A lot of my friends rode in this truck. Usually all piled in the back!

It's always been fast and loud and it will remain that way. It's the rig that started my love for hot rod cars and trucks from when I was a little kid. I was 8 years old when he bought this rig. Sitting in the cab of that thing and watching Dad bang through the gears was always so awesome for us kids! One things for sure Dad could speed shift and bark rubber at will.

Thanks Dad for an amazing truck that I have cherished since the day you brought it home. Dad and I always kidded around that I was gonna buy his truck one day. Well, I was more than happy to trade him my '06 Silverado for this truck so he would still have a truck to use.

It's amazing how a big ol' hunk of metal can instill so much emotion and memories. And it will continue to make memories for years to come. Driving it home yesterday as I merged on to the highway headed North, a flood of emotions hit me. As I rowed through the gears I was hauling a$$ with tears running down my cheeks and a big smile from ear to ear.

One thing my Mom used to tell us kids growing up... "No matter where your Dad is in town. I always know when he's coming home, because I can hear him start that truck and take off." Now that's small town livin'!

Thanks again Dad!

Gary
Attached Images

My 1972 GMC 1500 Super Custom (Creeping Death) "long term" build thread.

The Rebuild of Creeping Death after the wreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by LONGHAIR View Post
I would never rebuild a 305.
Quote:
Originally Posted by prostreetC-10 View Post
I love using vacuum gauges as part of the carb tuning process. I hook the gauge to the inside of my garbage can and leave it there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv D View Post
Remember Murphys 2nd law of mechanical relationships... "OPPOSING COMPONENTS ATTEMPTING TO OCCUPY THE SAME SPACE, AT THE SAME TIME, GENERALLY END UP OCCUPYING ADJOINING SPACE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE OIL PAN"
Quote:
Originally Posted by cableguy0 View Post
Its cheaper to listen to advice given when you ask for help than it is to ignore everyone and wait for carnage.
GASoline71 is offline   Reply With Quote