The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-30-2022, 03:25 PM   #11
72c20customcamper

Re: What did you do today not on your truck...

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
Keep calling it your bachelor pad and your wife may just accommodate you on that!

So you can see the river from the deck? The street name is great. You need to come up with a name for the place using that (so you can stop calling it the bachelor pad and all). There is an old country road near here called Whiskey Springs Rd. Been on it end to end but can't seem to find that spring!

Don't worry about those leaves. In time you'll either flick a butt or a spark from the BBQ will take care of that. I predict you will have that same gathering of leaves in that same spot every year.

With all your free time, go to the county's tax assessor's office to see who owns that lot. Could be held by county commissioners due to non-payment of property tax. If so, it could be had for the amount of back taxes. Could be for one reason or another it's tied up in a title dispute, and you could file a first right to refusal to be first in line once that gets settled

Are you sure that's a church pew and not a 1919 Chevy truck seat?

That came out excellently. Sanding was the fun part, right? The question is "Are you happy?". Uh, well... No you're right

I made up a batch of that mini-1/4 round yesterday. I about froze my fingers out there! It was a clear blue sunny, maybe up to, mid-20s day but the table saw created a wind chill and Jack Frost wormed his way through my gloves. Had to come in by the woodstove for a thaw break!

Then I decided to do another project I thought up. I had this piece of slab wood from out of my former boss's old bank barn. The hay floor was made up of old wide live-edge slab cuts laid down loose, lapping over one another. He had me take it up and lay back down in a single layer so it can be covered with plywood. This meant cutting the ends off of some. I stuck those pieces in my truck rather than toss out.

The project is make a small coffee table type thing, something minimal to take less space. I'm calling it a coffee stool. I always used a cobbler's bench, but it had to be set away from the couch for leg room, which meant walking around it in my small house. My son scooted it across the room to set his big Playstation monitor on, which works well. That's what we watch DVDs on. This table is about the size of a stool so it can set against the couch next to where I/we sit. Just something to set your drink on. I think it will be nicer than the Ryobi box
Attachment 2163220
The rest of it is made out of that oak 2" x 4" I started cutting on for part of the countertop extension I made last week
Attachment 2163221
Beautiful wood inside that thing!
Attachment 2163222
Not exactly a table yet
Attachment 2163223
I plan to put it together today
It amazing the wood that was used for utilitarian stuff back in the day . The oak is beautiful
1969 AMX ,
1968 c20 stepside ,85 K20
1977 Suburban sold
68 anniversary.
72c20customcamper is offline   Reply With Quote