The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-04-2022, 10:00 AM   #1
GOPAPA
"Tail Gate Best Seat In House"

I finally am done with my emission testing

This my ending story about my emissions problem with my Chevy 83 truck

I took my truck in the other day for the third try at passing emissions ,, he put the stinger in the tail pipe and when the guy wanted the hood open to hook the machine up to my spark plug,, the cable jumped out of its place and the hood wouldn't open,,So,, back home to get the hood open...

I went back the next day and FAILED the test ,,so now I have filed for a year's waiver and got it (I think) and that will take me up to next July 1st when all testing in Idaho will be no more . I am one month short on my year waver ,,but the kind lady in control of all this told me she will take care of me for the the that last month ,,no worries ...

It took around a hour and half to get the hood open ,,,,,. The end where the cable it hooks to the latch came off and therefore when I pulled the handle it wouldn't unlatch the hood.. I finally got a old metal coat hanger bent to a half circle about the size of a volley ball along with a hooked end and got it hooked to the release latch and got it open .it hooked to everthing let me tell ya ..

I had to run the wire into the small crack between the hood and the radiator support around the big spring that is hooked to the hood and on to the latch ,finally with hard pull the hood popped up.All this is done by not seeing ,,just feeling one's way through the crack around the hood spring and onto the latch release..

Whew? sure was nice to hear that POP UP Sound Any of you had a situation like this that seemed for the first 30 minutes impossible but in this case after much bending of the wire and re-inserting it did work. ?