The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-03-2022, 11:02 AM   #1
Rich72C10
Mr. Cheyenne

Unhappy Entertaining Selling my Truck :'(

72 C10 Cheyenne 350 / TH350 LWB

I am coming up to a decision, I think, to sell my truck. I'd love to have some opinions on starting price and floor price.

So lets start with what I know about the pre-history, which really isn't much. I bought the truck April 2020 locally to me off Craigslist. I want to say the seller had it roughly 5 years and he was told the truck went through some level of "restoration" 10 years before. He didn't do much to the truck in his ownership, other than replacing the bench seat with buddy seats and a off the self carb.

Before I get into some of the things I have done to the truck, lets point out the very bad stuff I know.
  • Both doors have rust problems starting at the bottom outside (bubbling) and around the bottom under the curved area. Doesn't matter how bad the rust is, its there and either it needs to be dealt with (no small task) ... or not.
  • Various places around the drip rail is cracking and can tell rust is beginning.
  • Tailgate came to me with a big dent and I replaced it. The tailgate is the best repo I could find and the outer trim is from Pauls. The paint doesn't match perfectly (still really pissed about this).

The truck is "stock-ish" but not at all stock. I took liberties, as I saw fit for me but I tried to stay faithful to the truck. I also did my best to source parts from the best places and not places like Brother's but not always, that was a learning curve for me.

Now on to some highlights (5k-ish of miles on the truck since I got her - I know I rolled over the milage a few months back)
  • Stock 350 & TH350 total rebuild (dizzy timing via iPhone / Smart device).
  • Proper 72 C10 Carb and professionally rebuilt & tuned for engine rebuild.
  • Gas Tank pulled, cleaned and seal.
  • Stock frontend rebuild and added sway bar
  • A/C Converted to R134 - all parts from condenser to evaporator replaced
  • Complete LED conversion inside/outside of the truck, with relays for the headlights.
  • New Shocks
  • New Tires, including in Bed spare with NOS lock
  • Tilt Column replacement, shorten sourced from these forums
  • Bluetooth Hands Free Radio, with dash and kick panel speakers. Can connect directly to iPhone (digitally or Headphone jack)
  • Tach Upgrade
  • Back Window Slider
  • Bed Rails
  • Tint Windows
  • Refurbished Vent Windows (sourced from forums) & replaced door window seals.
  • Wood Trim on Cluster and Glove box are not correct for the Cheyenne, I did this because I wanted to. I am not trying to pass it off as a Cheyenne Super!
  • There are other little bits and bobs I have added and/or replaced.

Some may say put her on BAT but I am not going to fool with that, I'll list it locally and just wait it out.
Attached Images

'72 Chevy C10 Cheyenne *Super WHT/MED BRONZE/WHT
SBC 350 | TH350 | LWB | AC | Buddy Seats
Upgrades: Tilt | Front Sway Bar | Radio | Sliding Window | Bed Spare w/Lock
Bed Rails | Full LEDs | Courtesy Lights | Tachometer | Glovebox Lock & Light | Head Light Relays | *Upgraded Fully Super Trim

Last edited by Rich72C10; 12-03-2022 at 12:19 PM.
Rich72C10 is offline   Reply With Quote