The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-13-2023, 08:24 AM   #26
special-K
Special Order

Re: Severe cold weather and a white Christmas

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72c20customcamper View Post
I’ve have a history of bronchitis so hard coughing isn’t anything new but the bronchitis is a dry hacking cough . This was a very wet cough so I knew it wasn’t my “norm” . I did lose weight no appetite at all and very weak . Was way worse than the Covid I had last fall .
I know the cough and all the rest. When I had a really high fever I saw a doctor who gave me horse pill antibiotics. I fought through it at home using Theraflu. I sweated all night, changed bedding daily. Theraflu every 6 hours meant two hours before feeling relieve, two hours feeling less miserable and less coughing, two hours back to miserable before Theraflu with two more hours before some relief. I lost 30#. All muscle it seemed. Never got the muscle back. I was alone with my son in 9th grade. He was in the ski club and I'll never forget days he had ski trips (once a week). They'd get back to the school about 11pm. I'd bundle up, scarf wrapped tight, and head to school to wait in the vehicle. It was the most miserable time I can recall.

I had Covid in August. It lasted a few days with one day I did nothing (Sat). I wasn't even sure I had it. I had visited my mom the weekend before. She called to let me know I should test myself because someone she was exposed to ended up having it. That's why I tested, and the result was positive. When I came down with I was doing a job where I skimmed all the plaster walls of a bedroom. I was achy the next day, but that's work I wasn't used to. Next day was sanding it all. I was wearing a dust mask but still sneezed a lot, it was tiring, I was sweating a lot, and made me sore. That was Friday. I had windows open, 90* day, and the job would be miserable in my best health. I was able to go back and paint on Monday. My temperature was slightly elevated when I checked. With pneumonia I felt great when it dropped to 100-101 for a couple hours

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote