The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-24-2023, 09:10 AM   #10
67C10Step

Re: What did you do to your truck today.The 3rd chapter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjmoreland View Post
For the last several months my truck has been making an intermittent noise when idling that sounds like a turkey gobbling. I could only hear it from inside the cab. The exhaust and engine noises were too loud when I'd get out to investigate. I finally discovered that the noise would go away if I applied a little pressure to my shift lever. I applied a little grease to the three contact points between the linkage, transmission and frame mount, and the noise is gone. Now I need to track down the creaking noise that's coming from rear wall of the cab. I sprayed lubricant in a bunch of the seams, but that didn't do it. I think I'll need to take passenger seat out and have my wife drive me around while I crouch on the floor to locate the source of the noise.
I chased a creaky squeak behind the cab in my truck for a while. Thought it was the bed and I practically took the bed off trying to figure it out. Turned out it was the driver's side trailing arm bushing squeaking. Dosed it down with silicone spray a couple times and it went away.
2024 Toyota Tundra
67C10Step is offline   Reply With Quote