The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-07-2023, 06:53 PM   #1
Vance_cortino

283 PCV question

Howdy, all. Got some PCV questions for you.

Truck is a 67 C10 283 that was rebuilt by PO about 10 years ago. Truck has an Edelbrock Performer intake with an open style oil fill neck/breather tube, Holley Street Warrior, and the bolt down style PCV vent cap, not the road draft tube.

Currently, there is no line coming off of the vent cap next to the distributor. This appears to be adding to the oily mess that is my engine compartment.

I'd like to hook this system back up somewhat correctly, so this is what I was thinking. I have my power brake booster vacuum line running to the full manifold pressure port at the bottom of the Holley carb. The Performer also had a vacuum tree in a port between the carb and distro, which I capped off with a brass plug and moved the booster line to the Holley.

Would it make sense to run the PCV line from the vent cap at the back of the block to a brass tee fitting with an in-line PCV valve somewhere along the way, connect the brake booster to the other half of the tee, and connect both to the manifold port on the carb base?

Because of how close everything is in that area and how long the barb is on the carb port, I cannot make use of the port in the intake manifold.

Thoughts? I have included some pics as well. Thanks all for any insight.

Last edited by Vance_cortino; 06-08-2023 at 04:54 AM.
Vance_cortino is offline   Reply With Quote