The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-09-2013, 11:40 PM   #1
54belair

Re: Typical body repair cost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Special-Ed View Post
i am curious as to what is your skill level... and your commitment to time. i noticed you are retired and are on island time.
Well, my committment to time prob. comes from the fact that Im a retired engineer, my whole career was about getting a project of one kind or another finished on time. (and within a budget). Neither of which Ive done on this truck! My skill level--that depends on who you compare me too!! I do ok usually, I have restored a few cars down thru the years, but this is my first truck.
I am retired--but enjoying a new career path totally away from engineering----and I get to spend quite a bit of time with my project truck. Island time??? whats that?
1966 chevelle ss

Dont always go the cheapest route--You can save yourself into the poorhouse!
My Build Thread
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=489030
54belair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 12:15 AM   #2
Special-Ed

Re: Typical body repair cost

Quote:
Originally Posted by 54belair View Post
Well, my committment to time prob. comes from the fact that Im a retired engineer, my whole career was about getting a project of one kind or another finished on time. (and within a budget). Neither of which Ive done on this truck! My skill level--that depends on who you compare me too!! I do ok usually, I have restored a few cars down thru the years, but this is my first truck.
I am retired--but enjoying a new career path totally away from engineering----and I get to spend quite a bit of time with my project truck. Island time??? whats that?
island time... when you get around to it =) ...retirement, no big rush

i too have an engineering degree. i have 1 ground up of a 55 chevy restoration. i have 3 builds to go fast in a straight line. and multiple builds from ground up of cars that go fast and only turn left. all were for someone else to drive(my brother in laws) and spent some time at a big 3 auto manufacturer as an engineer...

been away from motor sports and cars profesionally for a long while now(i still tinker with the family vehicles that are out of warranty. now i have the bug again...

and i'm just trying to get a handle on my build time for a ground up of a 2 wheel drive k5 blazer thats anything but factory.

i have my budget nailed down now i am just trying to figure out my time. and build out options... like full functioning anti lock brakes and power heated seats with memory etc...

and when i am done with the blazer... i am building a boat from blue prints for daily useage as well... think old chris-craft barrel backs

now back to original topic...

i have found body shops to be anywhere between 80-140 per hour for our kind of work(needs) at the retail level.