The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-18-2016, 12:35 AM   #1
metric2003r1

1972 GMC patina/bagged build

Ive been told that my previous thread title was a little misleading i couldn't figure out how to change the title so i decided to start over and delete the other one. This isnt my first but I am new at this. Im doing this to #1 show off my truck #2 get feed back and advice from others.

Im David I live in Knoxville TN. I like long walks on the beach, sunsets, and im kidding. I have my full time job and My Father, Brother, and myself build out of our garage and normally only do 1 or 2 cars a year. Ive been building for about 25 years. As of today I have a 1960 Belair, 1947 Ford truck, 1950 Willis truck, 1965 Impala, 1968 C10, and the truck Im doing the thread for 1972 GMC LWB. At some point ill post some pics of my other vehicles but Ill focus on the 72 today.

The Truck im building is a 1972 lwb, inline 6, 3 speed on the column, 2 wheel drive. I purchased it about 3 months ago for $800.00 and drove it home. I chose this truck because I loved the patina and in all it is a solid truck.

Plans:
I want this to be my driver and I want to spend the least $$ I can.
Chevy V8, 350 turbo trans. power steering, power brakes, shorten the frame and original bed. Bags, step notch, 4 link, z the front. relocate the fuel tank, raise the bed, wheels, keep original trim and bumpers. I do want to paint the bumpers and grill tho (Black or White) haven't decided. There are a lot of these trucks so I want to try and make this as unique to me as possible.

As of know I have purchased wheels, bags, step notch, tank, compressors, 4 link, bag mounts.
I have a newer good running 305 and 350 trans, I also have all the parts for the power steering and power brakes. I have a auto steering column also.

So heres some pics of the truck and ill keep posting as i get things done.
Attached Images

metric2003r1 is offline   Reply With Quote