The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > Welcome Area

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-09-2005, 10:37 PM   #1
tomatocity

newbie from Sacramento CA

Time to say 'Hey'. Tomorrow I will be flying out of Sacramento to Nebraska to buy what I thought was a 1970 Chevrolet C10. As it turns out it is a 1970 GMC C15 with a Chevy grill and tailgate. Other than that it seems to be a very nice truck at a very reasonable price. I have been hunting for a 67-72 for years and either missed the deal of my life or was scared away by the price. You would think CA would have many 67-72 trucks and they do with many of them being over priced and some of them being trashed. Don't believe that CA is a rust free state. We have the highest and lowest elevations in the continental United States which means we have lots of snow and lots of desert and lots of salt water. Two of those are havens for rust. Anyway I found this truck on eBay and we were able to make a deal. It is a frame-off rebuild, new two-tone paint, new interior, all the corners, rockers, and fenders are replaced. The gas tank has been removed and the body filled in. The 400 / 350 is average though I have a built 355 for it. My plans are to lower it with front spindles and 4" rear lowering springs + shock relocators, add a new stereo and speakers, add a 21 gallon gas tank, new aluminized 2.5" exhaust dumping out behind the rear wheels. Oh and new side mirrors. Eventually I might get around to adding wheels if I find a good deal. More to come. Hope to meet most of the Northern California and Western US members. Tim
Old 06-09-2005, 10:46 PM   #2
chickenwing
Lovin' Life in Miss.!

Have a safe trip. Can't wait to see your new toy. 2 new Sacramento members in 2 days! Things are looking up!
Old 06-11-2005, 10:59 AM   #3
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

welcome
Liz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2005, 06:22 PM   #4
70short/step

Welcome aboard. Just South of you in Stockton!

70 Short/Step
70short/step is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2005, 08:06 PM   #5
longhorn71

welcome
longhorn71 is offline   Reply With Quote