The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-24-2008, 01:06 AM   #1
Arad68
Trucks N Tranzams

Re: Shorty headers

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68_chop_top View Post
I run Flowtech headers I bought from Summit Racing. Flowtech 31500FLT These are ceramic coated, full length, 1 5/8 with 3 inch collectors, and I did NOT have to cut the top rail on either side. It evens fits where my Z bar goes across. I use standard plugs but I had to modify a 5/8 socket to fit #7 plug.
I have these same headers and they fit well except for the spark plugs. A standard plug puts the spark plug boot very close to the tubes on #7 and a few of the others. Mine only have 1 1/2 " primary tubes. I have expensive wires and don't want them burned. (Moroso Ultra 40). I have the coldest shorty Accel plugs I can get and have to go colder still. Unfortunately, this means a standard length plug.
I am looking for a set of new headers that will allow standard plugs w/out burning my wires and wont break the bank so to say. I am not opposed to trimming my frame rails and my truck isn't lowered, but I want a "tucked" exhaust system too. I'll probably go with the Sandersons and stimulate the economy as well.

'68 Chevy LB 383 TH400/GV/373 posi
'56 Chevy 4WD SWB
'64 Chevy short stepside
'79 Trans Am 455/TH2004R/12blt/4whldisc
95 Kia (Wifes car)
2002 S-10 extended cab pickup
"God punishes small sins immediately"
Arad68 is offline   Reply With Quote