The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > Welcome Area

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-08-2012, 06:59 PM   #1
Drewbee

Drewbee Newbee

Hey everyone! I just want to start out and say I am new to the site, but i have been following along reading some of the amazing articles, builds, and tech. This site is a true mecca of knowledge. I just want to thank all of you. After saying all that my name is Drew, and I look forward to hopefully posting more on my own project. I just bought a 1972 Gmc sierra grande yesterday. On that note, I could not find where to post this question, but I am having trouble figuring out my VIN. I go to the VIN decoder and it says the first digit should be either C or K for 2wd or 4wd. However, that is the second digit in my VIN. Mine starts with a T...goes TCE. It also starts with a T on the inside of the glove box door. I apologize if this is a stupid question, but could the T just mean truck? Thanks for any help!
Drewbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 08:38 AM   #2
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Re: Drewbee Newbee

Welcome to the site, I believe T= GMC Truck and if it started with C= Chevy truck, after that the CE would be 2wd v8 You can ask over on the 67-72 message area to be sure though
Liz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 09:30 AM   #3
Drewbee

Smile Re: Drewbee Newbee

Thanks Liz! Glad to hear that. That reaffirms what I was reading last night on somebodies thread. It matches too because that is what I have a 1972 GMC Sierra Grande. Can't wait to get pictures up, but I'm still debating on whether to change anything because I believe its all numbers matching.
Old 01-09-2012, 10:16 AM   #4
m455sx

Welcome and cant wait to see some pix

1970 442 convertible
1970 Cutlass SX
1962 Chevy Stepside
2011 GMC 3500HD Crewcab SLT DRW
m455sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 12:28 PM   #5
Drewbee

Thanks! The weather has been horrible here in GA. Hopefully it'll clear up so I can get those pics done.
Old 01-10-2012, 02:37 PM   #6
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

It has been gross this week.. rain rain and more rain.. your pictures may take a while
Liz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 12:54 AM   #7
Drewbee

Yeah and I'm keeping the truck in the garage for now. I finally got it insured and a tag on it. It's been through two rainstorms already since I bought it Overall I think it is in great shape for a 72 and really dont want to get anymore rust on it, but the guys at work want to see it so I'll take it out tomorrow to show them. Also, I am trying to find a 72 4x4 lwb frame. I'm wanting to swap the body over to one, but the only ones are all on the west coast, or people chopping them up for swb Hopefully, once i get to work the truck will look as nice as the ones on here.
Old 01-11-2012, 12:56 AM   #8
DanSan c 10

Welcome to the forum from sunny San Diego CA
Trucks made in USA
Buy a much as you can, Made in the USA
DanSan c 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 12:59 AM   #9
Drewbee

Thanks Dan! I look forward to being around. This site has become like a second home. I even have to keep myself from staying on it at work Can you send some of that San Diego weather this way?
Old 01-11-2012, 09:16 PM   #10
Jerry Jones
Happy Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewbee View Post
Thanks Liz! Glad to hear that. That reaffirms what I was reading last night on somebodies thread. It matches too because that is what I have a 1972 GMC Sierra Grande. Can't wait to get pictures up, but I'm still debating on whether to change anything because I believe its all numbers matching.
I too have 72 GMC Grand Sierra, one heck of a truck, oh yeah before I forget... Welcome aboard from Northern California!
Old 01-11-2012, 09:24 PM   #11
Drewbee

Thanks Jerry! and I totally agree it's stinks not having pictures. But Liz can vouch for me the weather has been horrible for a week!! Suppose to be sunny the next two days so I'll try to get out tomorrow after work and take a few before the sun goes down That's another fight in itself. But promise pictures are coming soon!
Old 01-12-2012, 06:40 PM   #12
Drewbee

Finally was nice enough outside to take a few pictures of the old ride. It was still a little overcast, but this will do for now. Hope yall enjoy as much as I do!
I can't wait till I can start working on this truck. You may notice, I've already started working on the instrument panel. I pushed it back into place right quick for a few photos, but I need to get the bulbs working on it. It appears something is going on with the dimmer switch because the bulbs work off and on. I realized when i turned the dimmer switch every slightly they would cut off, or on. It was very sensitive. I'm guessing its something electrical...guess it's time to roll the sleeves up.
Attached Images

Old 01-12-2012, 06:44 PM   #13
Drewbee

Here are the last two I have for now. I know whenever, I have the time to start taking here apart and fixing her up I'll have a lot more. Anyone else, have one of these trucks with the rear sliding glass from the factory?? My dad worked for General motors for years and was a little shocked when he saw on the SPID that it came from the factory that way. I believe I'm going to keep it and make it look a little nicer.
Attached Images

Old 01-12-2012, 06:48 PM   #14
Drewbee

Sorry about that SPID picture....shakes my hand at the overcast!!!! I'll try to get another one tomorrow.
Old 01-13-2012, 03:41 PM   #15
1ATony

Welcome to the site
1ATony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 11:49 AM   #16
Drewbee

Thanks Tony it's awesome to be apart of such a cool site.
Posted via Mobile Device