The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > All 4x4 Tech & Off Roading > 4x4 Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-03-2018, 09:09 PM   #1
Thebrownturd

Re: The Brown Turd

Here is the pictures with the 2" lift on the front with ORD's grease-able bushings . It raised the truck a total of 4 1/2" in the front. I believe it was due to the fact that the rubber bump stocks were almost resting on the axle. Lets just say the old springs were well used. I used the 3" spring on the back to try and keep the truck level but, the rear only came up about 2" from where it was, even with the factory block back in place. I think all i need is a little taller block which is ok since I need to reset the pinion angle to get rid of the small drive line vibration i have developed.

All I need is to find some gas tank doors for the bed. They are the aluminum Travel Tanks doors but i cant reuse the old ones i pulled off since they were all bent up. Anyone know if there is a replacement source. Seems like quite a few people are able to get them.
Attached Images

Thebrownturd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 09:26 PM   #2
Thebrownturd

Re: The Brown Turd

Theses pictures are from about a year ago, so I have finished getting all the trim on and a few other things. I also figured out that my truck was starting to run pretty inefficient. I was tracking my fuel mileage and it went from 9-10 to 7 mpg. It turned out to be a bad brake booster and was pulling vacuum off of 2 cylinders. I think that maybe why I've had a hard time getting it to pass smog.

Before I left home for the summer I managed to get 12 mpg! Not to bad for the tired worn out power plant in the old Brown Turd.

When I get back home in a few weeks I plan to tackle a transfer case rebuild when I am redoing the pinon angle and related work. It has had a tendency to not want to shift in or out of gear. I want to take a look and I will be able to seal up one more leak for a while.
Thebrownturd is offline   Reply With Quote