The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-07-2012, 09:11 PM   #26
71swb4x4

Re: 72 GMC Seirra Grande Worth $7500?

I think a good portion of the value is in original paint, and it won't be original once you repaint it. Your $5,000 offer is fair if you plan to repaint it. Someone who wants an original paint truck to keep original would likely pay more.
Old 11-08-2012, 10:56 AM   #27
SuperC10Tex

Re: 72 GMC Seirra Grande Worth $7500? / UPDATE!!

Well guys, it looks like I am going to be heading East this Sat. for the Orange 1972 GMC Seirra Grande. Owner and I came to a price, I did see it last Saturday...but this Sat., I will be going over it in depth on Saturday. Any checklist from you GMC guys I can look at? I really wanted the GMC, it will be a great bonding time for me and my 13 year old going over truck. Plus, it will be his to drive to school when he starts to drive. I will post pics if/after I bring it home. Any advice would be deeply appreciated!!
SuperC10Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 12:01 PM   #28
Coley

Smile Re: 72 GMC Seirra Grande Worth $7500?

My two bits:
I agree witk Lockdocs statement about the upholstery and the mileage. Any vehicle with 30,000+ mileage should not need a new seat. If its due to the sun then the paint should be fully gone as well. All or nothing!!
As well, that gooseneck or 5th wheel hitch mounted in the middle of the bed makes me a little nervous in terms of what the truck was used for.
Apart from that it certainly looks like a reasonable truck....I wouldn't go much over the $5,000 offer.
As well....I'm with the other guys on voting for the blue one as what appears to be the better choice.
Good luck either way.
Coley
2005 Chevy Silverado HD2500/Duramax
2000 Dodge Ram 1500
Coley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 03:04 PM   #29
VA72C10
VA72C10

Re: 72 GMC Seirra Grande Worth $7500? / UPDATE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperC10Tex View Post
Well guys, it looks like I am going to be heading East this Sat. for the Orange 1972 GMC Seirra Grande. Owner and I came to a price, I did see it last Saturday...but this Sat., I will be going over it in depth on Saturday. Any checklist from you GMC guys I can look at? I really wanted the GMC, it will be a great bonding time for me and my 13 year old going over truck. Plus, it will be his to drive to school when he starts to drive. I will post pics if/after I bring it home. Any advice would be deeply appreciated!!
Check under the visors for rust in the headliner area, behind the seat in the back corners is a pain area to patch, and around the door hinges on door and cab because that's another more difficult repair. All can be fixed but things like rockers and outer cab corners are the easy part.

Look under at the cab supports...the pieces leading to the cab mounts. rad support, especially on the passenger side, and fender cups...also the bottom inside of the doors...