The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > All 4x4 Tech & Off Roading > 4x4 Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-02-2011, 11:17 PM   #1
mccormick

1971 K10 - The Phil Harmonic

My dad and i bought this rig about a year ago, and are just starting to do some major work to it so i thought we should start a build thread up. We have tweaked little things here and there since we got the truck but not much worth mentioning..

Plans for the truck originally was a 4" lift and 35's which i researched on here a bit and starting a thread about, and got a lot of good info so thanks to you guys ! we didn't have the money to buy a brand new one quite yet so were going to wait until summer, but i came across a Superlift 6" lift on Kijiji for a really reasonable price and it had never been used.. so i picked that bad boy up. Plans have obviously changed and now we are going 6" lift and 37's..

motor work is going to be fairly minor, probably do a torquer cam in it, high rise, and headers+dual exhaust. it has a decent 350 in it right now, 350 auto tranny and 205 transfer case. thing runs like a dime, odometer shows 70xxx and we don't think it has turned over based on how good of shape the rig is in.

I took some pics tonight on my phone just to add to the post, and we should be getting the lift in pretty soon. waiting to decide what our plan is for rims and tires, and then obviously getting them here could take some time. We live in Saskatchewan, Canada.. so most things coming up from the states take forever.

Her is a pic of the truck..

and a pic of the lift in pieces

We have hub caps off of a 66 1ton that my dad owned back in the day. they are MINT.. only a bit of surface rust on them. we are thinking about getting ahold of some of the stock steel rims that these trucks came with, painting them and the caps up nice and running that with the tires for a stock look. we shall see if that plays out.. here is a pic of one of the caps :
mccormick is offline   Reply With Quote