The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-05-2018, 08:11 PM   #26
El Dorado Jim

Re: points, pertronix, or HEI

go with HEI, you can get parts for them anywhere,carry an extra module and coil and you are good to go
El Dorado Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 11:13 PM   #27
mike16

[quote=rsavage;8178898]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake72 View Post

And to clarify with Cliff, I have nothing but great things to say about him so far. Spoke in depth with me on the phone about my engine build to get the right rebuild components with my carb rebuild kit, etc. He rec'd points for all the reasons you guys have given. If they crap out, carry a spare and change it, you're good to go. For his distributor rebuild, he was going to rebush it, correct weights and springs and set up advance for my particular engine, etc. Even replate it if needed. $60 labor plus materials needed. Not too bad in my opinion, but I probably won't go this route.

+1
I'll step to the plate to support Cliff. His experience with quadrajets and years of racing and dynoing results are unparalleled. He has given a lot of his time to folks on various forms, especially the Pontiac forums. He is a great asset to the classic car/truck hobby in my opinion. I'm glad he was able to parlay his knowledge and experience into a living - that is the story of American
capitalism.
It could be said he gives alot of time on many forums, but what does that mean? Wiggles bad mouthed an engineer with about 50 years of auto racing experience, many numerous publications and a couple of.... thousand..... dyno runs under his belt. probably dont know him but his name is David Vizard. I think Vizard came up with the saying " I dont have an opinion, I have a dyno" in response to that comentary. Unparalleled? did you say Unparalleled? You clearly dont know Mr. Vizard either. Yet so many at the race track know about wiggles. I wonder if he ever figured out what the minimum distance between the aircleaner lid and the top of his carb ... should be. Maybe, Does he finally have a Dyno? hope its not an app he found on line. Yep, American Dreamin.
mike16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 11:32 PM   #28
C10 - C90 Bill

I've been running Points in all my old vehicles for about 50 years now. They never gave me any reason to change. I usually check the Dwell about every or every other oil change. Usually needs none or very little adjusting. Every once in a while I'll pop in a new set and always keep a spare set in the glove box. For the last 20 years, I've been using Heavy Duty Borg-Warner's.
C10 - C90 Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 11:40 PM   #29
bbrriiaann1973

HEI! That's the only way to go