The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-10-2014, 11:34 PM   #1
67chevy1series

Re: 1967 Chevy CST aka "the loud truck"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlitosway View Post
great looking truck buddy
Hey thanks man!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol Blue K20 View Post
I'm back...been at my cabin for a couple weeks. I don't know what shocks look like but when I do electrical on the house I know what they feel like. .lol
Haha! I believe I know how that feels as well....

Well notches and shock brackets are in!
Well they came in the mail. not in the truck... But I did get the shock brackets installed already before it got dark. So tomorrow morning I'm going to get grinding wheel, sanding wheel, cut off wheel, wire wheel, and some new drill bits that way the whole process should go easier to install the notches. And I'll report back when I have more updates... Wish I could get that trac bar soon.
67chevy1series is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 04:16 AM   #2
Carlitosway

great looking truck buddy
Carlitosway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 07:35 AM   #3
50bomb

WHen I had the 5" rear drop on the 67 c10 longbed I bought the kit from Cpp. They are about 13 miles from where i live. Anyways the shocks worked good for me.
Old 09-15-2014, 02:02 PM   #4
67chevy1series

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50bomb View Post
WHen I had the 5" rear drop on the 67 c10 longbed I bought the kit from Cpp. They are about 13 miles from where i live. Anyways the shocks worked good for me.
Man your a lucky guy to only live driving distance away!

Update: got the notches installed and I checked my email today to find a pleasant surprise! Apparently my trac bar is on it's way! I wasn't sure how they took the payment or when but I guess they already did... Weird thing is the tracking says the package will be here tomorrow... I'm thinking maybe cpp is sending that package with express shipping? Either way it looks like I may just get it on time for the c/10 show! So pretty excited to see how that all goes together... Although I think if I sandwich any more plates of metal In with the axle/trailing arm/shock brackets I'm going to need longer U-bolts! Haha links like I have enough threads to cover the thickness of one more bracket though..
Old 09-16-2014, 02:13 AM   #5
Ol Blue K20
Proprietor of Dale's Corner

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67chevy1series View Post
Man your a lucky guy to only live driving distance away!

Update: got the notches installed and I checked my email today to find a pleasant surprise! Apparently my trac bar is on it's way! I wasn't sure how they took the payment or when but I guess they already did... Weird thing is the tracking says the package will be here tomorrow... I'm thinking maybe cpp is sending that package with express shipping? Either way it looks like I may just get it on time for the c/10 show! So pretty excited to see how that all goes together... Although I think if I sandwich any more plates of metal In with the axle/trailing arm/shock brackets I'm going to need longer U-bolts! Haha links like I have enough threads to cover the thickness of one more bracket though..
What....no pics...I'm disappointed. ..I know I'll see it at Rene's

Dale
XNGH ECV Sam Brannan 1004

R.I.P. 67ChevyRedneck
R.I.P. Grumpy Old Man
Ol Blue K20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 03:54 PM   #6
67chevy1series

I figured you guys have seen plenty of these c notches installed in these trucks... Was I wrong? Haha for today's progress: woke up to find my trac bar at the door step! So I got that installed and took it for a rest drive... Wow! That bar has fixed something my truck has always done and I've never liked, the "shifting" for lack of a better term on real bumpy roads and especially on curvy bumpy roads. One of the best small upgrades I've done to the truck!
Attached Images

Old 09-16-2014, 03:56 PM   #7
67chevy1series

Putting that bar in came with two prices though.. One was the money of course but the other was more painful to except haha
Attached Images

Old 09-15-2014, 02:24 PM   #8
Xeen

You are really going to like that bent style trac bar it's sweet.
One of the really cool things about it is that because it's longer than the stock trac bar the axle moves less from side to side from suspension travel.
Old 09-15-2014, 04:33 PM   #9
67chevy1series

I'm expecting to actually feel a noticeable difference with the new trac bar I feel like the truck will trail down the road a lot straighter no matter how bumpy the road really is
Old 09-16-2014, 04:32 PM   #10
Xeen

Yeah the deluxe trac bar upgrade is one of the best things you can do for the rear stabilization of the truck other than a sway bar which I also recommend.
That bloody finger looks familiar, the price of our hobby.
Old 09-17-2014, 08:23 AM   #11
Ol Blue K20

Ouch!!! Keep up the good work.

Dale

R.I.P. 67ChevyRedneck
R.I.P. Grumpy Old Man
Old 09-17-2014, 05:33 PM   #12
67chevy1series

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeen View Post
Yeah the deluxe trac bar upgrade is one of the best things you can do for the rear stabilization of the truck other than a sway bar which I also recommend.
That bloody finger looks familiar, the price of our hobby.
I do have a sway bar from a 84 z28 camaro in the rear and that helps a lot! From now on any c10 coil sprung truck I get will be fitted with that bar. I like it that much.
Quote:
Ouch!!! Keep up the good work.
Lol your telling me! I busted my thumb on my left hand from the notches and now the trac bar busted that finger! Lol thanks dale! I need to clean the truck real good.... When your drive way is dirt and gravel it is super hard to stop all the dust!
Old 09-22-2014, 04:25 PM   #13
67chevy1series

I've got a question for everybody.. I want to get a tubing bender like for brake lines, vaccum lines, fuel lines, etc. and I've heard a lot of people complain it's hard to find a good one, so I wanted to ask what's proven to be the best one that you guys use with no problem? I also would of course like to do 3/16, 1/4 etc.
Old 09-22-2014, 05:25 PM   #14
Xeen

Honestly for all the bends that don't require 90 degree bends I use my hands
For the ones that require tight bends you can use something round to press the tube against and bend very, very slowly using constant and consistent pressure.
Although I do have a tool I find that it kinks the tube more often than not.
Old 09-22-2014, 11:33 PM   #15
67chevy1series

I've been using my hands as well, it is effective for most of the bends but I've been thinking about my brakes, and I've just about convinced myself to run 3/16ths lines for the rear instead of the original drum size lines (1/4), in hopes that I will build pressure sooner and haver a sooner harder brake pedal. I also would like to have the adjusting capabilities from the wilwood PN260-11179 proportioning valve, so i would like to nice 90 degree bends and make it really nice and clean. I figure the only things that can make the braking any better would be a big brake kit and new calipers, so before I go or consider that route I want to get all I can out of the 11" rotors and stock calipers and see how I like it.

....also the 327 is coming out, so I can have it sent to a machine shop and make sure everything is true and a good fresh start, then I'm going to install the 69 double hump 327 heads on in addition to a new 470 lift, duration 272 comp cam, double roller timing chain, stainless steel valves, and possibly some roller rockers and roller lifters. Also want to run the "tru-ram" manifolds from speedway motors, which I will choose the cast stainless steel manifolds. BIG QUESTION!: will those straight dump manifolds work/clear the stock c10 crossmember and engine stands? If they don't clear the engine stands then I wouldn't be so against swapping those out for some new ones from cpp, since those look like they'd give more clearance.... In the mean time... There's going to be a 383 that will make itself quite comfortable in those frame rails....
Old 09-23-2014, 12:18 AM   #16
Xeen

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67chevy1series View Post
Also want to run the "tru-ram" manifolds from speedway motors, which I will choose the cast stainless steel manifolds. BIG QUESTION!: will those straight dump manifolds work/clear the stock c10 crossmember and engine stands? If they don't clear the engine stands then I wouldn't be so against swapping those out for some new ones from cpp, since those look like they'd give more clearance.
I honestly don't know if they would clear or not and I'm not sure how you can find out without buying them and trying it either.
Old 09-23-2014, 08:58 PM   #17
Ol Blue K20

Dude....you change engines like I change my socks...lol

Dale

R.I.P. 67ChevyRedneck
R.I.P. Grumpy Old Man
Old 09-24-2014, 11:18 PM   #18
67chevy1series

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeen View Post
I honestly don't know if they would clear or not and I'm not sure how you can find out without buying them and trying it either.
I figured this would be the case..
Quote:
Dude....you change engines like I change my socks...lol
...I know..... I wouldn't change them around so much if this wasn't my only real driving vehicle... But I've gotta keep this truck alive one way or another and I'm getting to the point where it's my actual drivetrain's turn at being rebuilt... Cant rebuild the engine and trans and drive the truck at the same time haha
Old 09-25-2014, 08:48 PM   #19
67chevy1series

Alrighty, been doing some homework for the 700r4..
First things: trans is September 22,1987 and it's an MD8 so this is the better transmission with the 30 spline input shaft, and the better built case! Now my dad had the trans rebuilt quite some time ago, but it was never installed or filled with fluid, since his project wasn't ready yet. So most of the questions I have he doesn't remember to much about the whole deal, so kind of one of those gotta dissect and find out yourself moments. So the shop that rebuilt the trans removed all the wiring and the TCC solenoid. I assume when my dad told them he was putting this in a 68 suburban they figured he wants going to want the lock up option for the torque converter... I read about the lock up and the benefits so I'm going to get the solenoid and wiring all done to make that happen. I already bought the bow tie overdrives tv made easy kit, and have installed the new TV spring and new TV cable, all that I have left is to install the new plate on the carburetor.
So list of parts I've ordered are:
New CPP tubular trans x-member
New aluminum finned pan w/drain plug from summit
TCC solenoid
Wiring kit for TCC and 4th gear pressure switch.

Going to wait for all of the parts to arrive, and I'm going to wait til after Oct. 4th and 5th before I rear into the truck... Gotta make sure I can drive it to c/10kings c10 get together and the Turlock swap meet
Old 09-25-2014, 08:54 PM   #20
Xeen

Oh yeah overdrive for the win!
You will really like that CPP tubular crossmember it's a nice piece.
You have made some really good decisions lately and I like the direction you are going with the truck.
Old 09-25-2014, 10:22 PM   #21
67chevy1series

Yes! Overdrive should be very nice going down the highway! If the CPP crossmember is anything like the rest of there parts I've bought from them then I will certainly be pleased with it! Thank you, I really appreciate it! I know I've changed/change my mind quite a bit... Probably to the point where it's a little annoying. But in the long run the only thing I waste by changing my mind is my labor. And technically all the labor I put in the truck so far is already wasted, especially since I plan to never sell this truck, and even if I did sell it I wouldn't be able to get any money for all the labor I've done... So to me it's not that big of a deal. And all the parts that I take off or swap out aren't a waste either, since most of the parts I swap out are actually good parts still. So I want to thank you guys for having to endure allll the changes I've made, but hopefully when it's all said and done it will be a nice truck, and a truck that Is better than what I ever could have imagined.
Old 09-26-2014, 12:49 AM   #22
67chevy1series

Alright so got a question about transmission coolant lines. I want to redo my lines and I don't know the size line to run, I think it's a 3/8's or 1/4 line but not to sure anyone know what size? Any help would be appreciated!
Old 10-11-2014, 01:37 AM   #23
67chevy1series

I've been pretty busy, been rounding up parts and making a list and checking it twice, you guys know how that is but I've been taking pictures and I'll post up what's all going on when I make some more headway.
Old 10-11-2014, 10:58 AM   #24
Ol Blue K20

Hey Rick, I just wanted to congratulate you on the " El Jay's Choice" award. You snuck out before I tell you.

Dale

R.I.P. 67ChevyRedneck
R.I.P. Grumpy Old Man
Old 10-11-2014, 11:25 PM   #25
67chevy1series

Quote:
Hey Rick, I just wanted to congratulate you on the " El Jay's Choice" award. You snuck out before I tell you.
Thanks you dale, I can't believe the 67 actually got an award!