The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-13-2022, 09:14 PM   #2251
Getter-Done

Re: What did you do today not on your truck...

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
You mean today?

I don't get the hype over Traeger smokers. I guess I don't get it because I've been smoking killer smoked meats on all sorts of smokers, including home made, for decades before Traeger went on their huge advertising push. Not just my smoked yummies, but from many people and restaurants. I guess I was never meant to be a consumerist. I missed that boat. I do not understand the brand hype at all. Currently I am using an El Cheapo CharBroil offset smoker. But I also have a vertical Weber. Never even heard of Treager five years ago and people have been eating great smoked meat since before any of us were born
They got an App you can fire them up with your Phone
I think that is the Hype
63 Impala (my high school car)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...Crew Cab Build
Getter-Done is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2022, 09:40 PM   #2252
special-K
Special Order

Well that certainly doesn't APPly to me. As if it's a chore to go outside to enjoy grilling.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2022, 09:46 PM   #2253
Getter-Done

Quote:
Well that certainly doesn't APPly to me. As if it's a chore to go outside to enjoy grilling.
Most people just break out the 25-piece lawn set.

Name:  25p.jpg
Views: 260
Size:  101.8 KB
63 Impala (my high school car)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...Crew Cab Build
Getter-Done is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2022, 10:25 PM   #2254
68bowtie

I just watched a superbowl commercial for a new pickup, and it seems the “pitch” was that you can clap to your favorite song (no hands on the wheel) while your truck passes a semi on its own. It will probably convince millions. Same “hype” you guys are talking about…

Name:  45C976B0-C8A5-4EBB-A026-728530747FB9.jpeg
Views: 262
Size:  24.6 KB

Back to the thread topic… I watched the superbowl today.

Survivor "Lil’ Mint" (67 c10 40k mile light green original paint)
Project "C10 Fever" (68 factory black 396 swb)
Project "Little Sister" (70 c10 blue original paint refresh)
Project "Blue Bomb" (70 c30 blue original paint refresh) SOLD
Project "Vitamin C" (71 c10 orange original paint refresh) SOLD
68bowtie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2022, 10:53 PM   #2255
Steeveedee
Who Changed This?

I waited until the SB was playing to go to the grocery store. That's what I did today. Oh yeah, I did a little wood carving. Broke part of it, as it's really thin.

I have zero interest in preparing food for eating. I cook because my wife is still working, and I'm retired. My one son is all over smoking tri-tip and other meats, and does a great job of it. When I was on travel, I used to get bags of salad and so forth from the grocery store, added meat or cheese as preferred, and ate it on a paper plate with plastic utensils, for dinner. Lunch was out to a restaurant, and breakfast was oatmeal in a paper bowl at my desk at work. I seriously despise doing dishes. Crazy, since as a kid I would be out in the driveway covered in oil and grease, working on a vehicle. How bad could doing dishes be? I still hate it, and we have a working dishwashing machine.

'70 Chevy 3/4T Longhorn CST 402/400/3.56 Custom Camper

Simi Valley, CA
Steeveedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2022, 11:25 PM   #2256
allchevy58

Saturday I finished welding up the rack for my mule. Today my wife painted it and I installed.
Attached Images

1927 Willy's Knight 24,000 original miles, 1958 Impala 283/Powerglide, 1964 C-30 383/4 speed, 1971 Monte Carlo 350/350, 1972 GMC K2500 350/350, 1976 Chev. K10 350/350, 2006 GMC Sierra 2500HD LBZ Duramax/Allison, 2006 Chev. Silverado K3500 LBZ Duramax/Allison
allchevy58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2022, 11:26 PM   #2257
57taskforce
All about them K’s

I road tripped around some this weekend with momma bear and the kids. Shiprock pinnacle yesterday and Goosenecks State Park, Moki Dugway, and Valley of the Gods all in Utah today. It was a wonderful time. I had hoped to hit Monument Valley today but Valley of the Gods took longer than I thought to get thru. That’s ok I’ve been they Monument several times.

1 Shiprock pinnacle (pretty much in my back yard)
2 Moki Dugway
3 portion of Valley of the Gods (highly recommend Moki and Valley of the Gods to anyone visiting Monument Valley)
4 Goosenecks State Park as seen from on top of Moki Dugway (note Monument Valley in the distance)
5 to keep it GM truck certified; mommas fancy shmancy Yukon Denali on one of the many stops we made going thru Valley of the Gods.
Attached Images

‘69 K10 SWB http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=805206
'98 Silverado LT K2500HD ECLB Vortec 454/4l80E: 6" lift 315/75/16's
‘87 IROC-Z all original 50K mile survivor TPI 305 IROC Blue
‘10 Camaro 2SS/RS Aqua Blue Metallic #93 -version 2.0

Last edited by 57taskforce; 02-13-2022 at 11:41 PM.
57taskforce is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2022, 11:32 PM   #2258
allchevy58

Quote:
Originally Posted by 57taskforce View Post
I road tripped around some this weekend with momma bear and the kids. Shiprock pinnacle yesterday and goosenecks state park, moki dugway, and valley of the gods all in Utah today. It was a wonderful time.

1 shiprock pinnacle (pretty much in my back yard)
2 moki dugway
3 portion of valley of the gods (highly recommend moki and valley of the gods to anyone visiting monument valley)
4 goosenecks state park as seen from on top of moki dugway (note monument valley in the distance)
5 to keep it GM truck certified; mommas fancy shmancy denail on valley of the gods road
Wow, that's beautiful.
1927 Willy's Knight 24,000 original miles, 1958 Impala 283/Powerglide, 1964 C-30 383/4 speed, 1971 Monte Carlo 350/350, 1972 GMC K2500 350/350, 1976 Chev. K10 350/350, 2006 GMC Sierra 2500HD LBZ Duramax/Allison, 2006 Chev. Silverado K3500 LBZ Duramax/Allison
allchevy58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2022, 11:48 PM   #2259
57taskforce
All about them K’s

Quote:
Originally Posted by allchevy58 View Post
Wow, that's beautiful.
Thanks I’m fortunate to live close to several different types of natural attractions. Mountains of Colorado are an hour away, Monument Valley is about 1.5 hours, Santa Fe is about 3.5 hours, although I don’t care much for the city I love the drive to Santa Fe, it’s very beautiful no matter which way you go. Shiprock is about 35 minutes, Moab is about 2.5 hours, etc. I live less than a mile from the San Juan river so home isn’t to shabby either.
‘69 K10 SWB http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=805206
'98 Silverado LT K2500HD ECLB Vortec 454/4l80E: 6" lift 315/75/16's
‘87 IROC-Z all original 50K mile survivor TPI 305 IROC Blue
‘10 Camaro 2SS/RS Aqua Blue Metallic #93 -version 2.0
57taskforce is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2022, 04:05 AM   #2260
FleetsidePaul
R.I.P. E.S.L.L.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeveedee View Post
I waited until the SB was playing to go to the grocery store. That's what I did today. Oh yeah, I did a little wood carving. Broke part of it, as it's really thin.

I have zero interest in preparing food for eating. I cook because my wife is still working, and I'm retired. My one son is all over smoking tri-tip and other meats, and does a great job of it. When I was on travel, I used to get bags of salad and so forth from the grocery store, added meat or cheese as preferred, and ate it on a paper plate with plastic utensils, for dinner. Lunch was out to a restaurant, and breakfast was oatmeal in a paper bowl at my desk at work. I seriously despise doing dishes. Crazy, since as a kid I would be out in the driveway covered in oil and grease, working on a vehicle. How bad could doing dishes be? I still hate it, and we have a working dishwashing machine.
I never cook for myself and I'm a pretty darned good cook. If it's just me it's frozen burritos and hot dogs in the microwave and paper plates. For my wife or company I break out the big guns and try to knock it out of the park. I guess that I just like to see people enjoy something that I have created.

I hate doing dishes or any kind of housework for that matter. I'm not exactly domesticated. When I was single I had to call the police because my front door was wide open. They walked in with guns out and came out and said my house had been ransacked.
My girlfriend looked at it and said. No. That's the way it always looks.

1970 CST 20

1970 C/30 Flatbed

1983 C/30 Dually

2015 Corvette Z51 2021 Corvette Z51 1991 Cadillac Hearse 1982 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz 2000 Porsche Boxster S 2020 Jeep Gladiator 1973 VW Thing 1973 Plymouth Satellite wagon 1963 Baja Bug 1959 Bug Dune Buggy 1970 Baja Bug 1987 Jaguar XJ 350.

R.I.P. El Jay

R.I.P Jessie.

R.I.P Grumpy.

Every day is a gift from God.
FleetsidePaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2022, 07:37 AM   #2261
special-K
Special Order

I worked on my barn again. On Saturday I created work for myself due to not being on that project for a couple months. I had to cut the back corner post back when I did the stem wall. Since then I decided a double base plate was necessary, which meant that post needed another 1 1/2" cut off. Saturday I got the two center posts cut (properly) and bolted up some of the double base plate. So one about 16' and one about 8', connecting three post bottoms out of four. I site down that plate and it looked like I had cut the post in the middle too short. Nope! That's when I remembered I never cut the 1 1/2" off the corner post. I couldn't get the two bolts to back out. So, yesterday it was cut through those bolts to free the plates, then cut through them again 1 1/2" higher. It's all back to where I was... again. Next, attack the front corner post and door opening post, the final two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FleetsidePaul View Post
I hate doing dishes or any kind of housework for that matter. I'm not exactly domesticated. When I was single I had to call the police because my front door was wide open. They walked in with guns out and came out and said my house had been ransacked.
My girlfriend looked at it and said. No. That's the way it always looks.
When I was high school age we moved from the country to "The New City", Columbia, MD. That's when I learned how suburbia lived, "Dining room you don't dine in and living room you don't live in", is what my mom would say. We had a big family and the house was always a mess. I was embarrassed to have friends come over. One day when no one was home the front door was seen to be wide open a neighbor called the police. What you described is exactly what happened. I guess between living like that and my dad's lack of organization of his tools is why I like to stay on top of things here. I'm by no means anal about cleaning. Even let a mess accumulate, such as surfaces pile up (it's in my blood). But it gets to a point and do something about it. I like things in order, makes me feel much better. When my son was away for a couple months and it was just me, I kept things in order the whole time. I built my kitchen, so I keep it clean and don't mind doing the dishes to keep it looking well cared for.

My mom was a hella home cooking woman, and healthy cooking at that. That rubbed of on me and I like to cook just enough to do it. Sometimes I'm really into it and other nights it's a dreadful necessity, other nights it's pick up a pizza. When my son was gone I think I got into cooking more because I could try things I wasn't sure he'd like. Usually ate the same thing a couple/few nights in a row.
Attached Images

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 02-14-2022 at 08:35 AM.
Old 02-14-2022, 08:06 AM   #2262
4u2nv

Quote:
Saturday I finished welding up the rack for my mule. Today my wife painted it and I installed.
Nice job on that rack allchevy58 , looks very practical .
4u2nv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2022, 10:00 AM   #2263
dave6672

Quote:
Originally Posted by 57taskforce View Post
I road tripped around some this weekend with momma bear and the kids. Shiprock pinnacle yesterday and Goosenecks State Park, Moki Dugway, and Valley of the Gods all in Utah today. It was a wonderful time. I had hoped to hit Monument Valley today but Valley of the Gods took longer than I thought to get thru. That’s ok I’ve been they Monument several times.

1 Shiprock pinnacle (pretty much in my back yard)
2 Moki Dugway
3 portion of Valley of the Gods (highly recommend Moki and Valley of the Gods to anyone visiting Monument Valley)
4 Goosenecks State Park as seen from on top of Moki Dugway (note Monument Valley in the distance)
5 to keep it GM truck certified; mommas fancy shmancy Yukon Denali on one of the many stops we made going thru Valley of the Gods.
Awesome pics, thanks for sharing.

22 years ago I spent a week riding around your area on my Sportster and loved it. Spent the night in your town of Farmington.

1972 K20
1972 C20 Highlander
1957 Chevy 210 Delray
1967 C10
dave6672 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2022, 08:06 AM   #2264
special-K
Special Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72c20customcamper View Post
Mouldings look great . The barn move is coming along .
Thanks Mark. Not the level of hand-made craftsmanship I see coming from you. I hope to get into more of that type of thing once this place gets all caught up. BTW, I always spelled it as "mouldings" as well. Only recently have I started dropping the 'u' because spell check calls me out. Screw spell check, I'm going back to using the proper spelling

On the barn, no matter how much thought I put into planning, I have been figuring it out as I go. I was going to leave the stubs of those posts as anchors to keep the option of using come-alongs for moving the building. It's pretty darn heavy and I've decided to commit to using a skid loader or mini excavator to push it, or both. I have a friend nearby with both and two other neighbors on my road with skid loaders.

The other plan I just changed is how I'll do the temporary connector walls on this side. I've been hung up on laying the block over the stones. They would really need to be really well compacted, which would pulverize the plastic laid under to block moisture, plus other concerns. I've decided to go ahead and cut the score line, break up and remove the ugly edge of slab, get remaining butts of the cut posts removed, and pour the fill-in slab. That is my next goal, getting that poured so it can cure a good while
Name:  DSCN0125.jpg
Views: 233
Size:  36.6 KB
Name:  DSCN0124.jpg
Views: 232
Size:  47.1 KB
Quote:
Originally Posted by 72peace View Post
Fired up the Traeger and smoked some meat!
That's some num yummy beef right there! It's funny, I guess, but I never think to smoke beef. I'll have to give that a shot
Quote:
I really like that, and great job/design. Looks like something me and my brother-in-law up in Maine would do (back when they lived down here). Really adds utility to the Mule

Tim

Last edited by special-K; 02-15-2022 at 08:28 AM.
Old 02-15-2022, 09:51 AM   #2265
KW5413

Quote:

I don't get the hype over Traeger smokers.
Walk away heat control, variety of wood flavors which are easily stored (pellets), ease of use and clean-up. Perhaps more importantly, pellet smokers have allowed folks that normally wouldn't "smoke"...to get into the game with confidence. I have had mine for many years. Ultimately bought Traeger's for both of my Son-in-laws.

As I mentioned in the Valentine's Day thread...I smoked a Beef Tenderloin and lobster tails for Sunday dinner. I chopped up the lobster and made Smoked Lobster stuffed baked potatoes.

Pretty damned good eatin'.
KW5413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2022, 10:06 AM   #2266
72c20customcamper

Quote:
Thanks Mark. Not the level of hand-made craftsmanship I see coming from you. I hope to get into more of that type of thing once this place gets all caught up. BTW, I always spelled it as "mouldings" as well. Only recently have I started dropping the 'u' because spell check calls me out. Screw spell check, I'm going back to using the proper spelling

On the barn, no matter how much thought I put into planning, I have been figuring it out as I go. I was going to leave the stubs of those posts as anchors to keep the option of using come-alongs for moving the building. It's pretty darn heavy and I've decided to commit to using a skid loader or mini excavator to push it, or both. I have a friend nearby with both and two other neighbors on my road with skid loaders.

The other plan I just changed is how I'll do the temporary connector walls on this side. I've been hung up on laying the block over the stones. They would really need to be really well compacted, which would pulverize the plastic laid under to block moisture, plus other concerns. I've decided to go ahead and cut the score line, break up and remove the ugly edge of slab, get remaining butts of the cut posts removed, and pour the fill-in slab. That is my next goal, getting that poured so it can cure a good while
Attachment 2168174
Attachment 2168175

That's some num yummy beef right there! It's funny, I guess, but I never think to smoke beef. I'll have to give that a shot

I really like that, and great job/design. Looks like something me and my brother-in-law up in Maine would do (back when they lived down here). Really adds utility to the Mule
Molding is done to cheese . And some stuff in my fridge no idea what it was but its green now
1969 AMX ,
1968 c20 stepside ,85 K20
1977 Suburban sold
68 anniversary.
72c20customcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2022, 02:47 PM   #2267
Boog
laying low

Mold. oooh. I have seen a friend cut off the green, fuzzy part and keep eating on the rest. I said man! Don't you realize that bacteria is all over that stuff already? Can't taste it he said. He's still around.
91 Chevy sportside, Tahoe, Yukon & GMC Crewcab All GM..'nuff said.

I stand for the flag and kneel at the cross
Boog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2022, 04:20 PM   #2268
Stocker
20' Daredevil (Ret)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boog View Post
Mold. oooh. I have seen a friend cut off the green, fuzzy part and keep eating on the rest. I said man! Don't you realize that bacteria is all over that stuff already? Can't taste it he said. He's still around.
If it's cheese, that's OK -- I hope. I'm still around too.

If it's meat, or any unidentifiable object -- um, no thank you.

1972 K20 LWB 350/350/205

RIP El Jay
Stocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2022, 04:35 PM   #2269
FleetsidePaul
R.I.P. E.S.L.L.

Today I had to meet the internet guy at my new place. I drove my Corvette. About a 20 minute drive.

There is a long straight stretch of road. And no one else was on the road. I looked and it was wide open. Nobody around.

So What's a poor fool to do? I put the pedal to the metal and woke the ponies up.

I was going about 110 mph when I looked in my mirror. The CHP was behind me. Apparently their cars can go 110 as well because he was on my azz. I have no idea where this guy came from.

I waited for the lights to go on. I was so busted, but he never turned them on. I slowed Waaay down. The speed limit was 50 and I went 50 for the next 12 miles. Still no lights no siren. I felt like I was taking a driving test with this cop behind me. I finally got to Kernville and made a left and he went straight. No ticket?

My hands were shaking when I got home. I wondered why he didn't pull me over, but I remembered reading that because of Covid that the police will not respond to anything that isn't a crime in progress or life threating. I wasn't either so I got a pass.

I guess he just wanted to let me know that he was there and that I had better slow down. Point taken.

1970 CST 20

1970 C/30 Flatbed

1983 C/30 Dually

2015 Corvette Z51 2021 Corvette Z51 1991 Cadillac Hearse 1982 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz 2000 Porsche Boxster S 2020 Jeep Gladiator 1973 VW Thing 1973 Plymouth Satellite wagon 1963 Baja Bug 1959 Bug Dune Buggy 1970 Baja Bug 1987 Jaguar XJ 350.

R.I.P. El Jay

R.I.P Jessie.

R.I.P Grumpy.

Every day is a gift from God.
FleetsidePaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2022, 06:32 PM   #2270
72c20customcamper

8 taps in 5 maples today one tree is flowing well almost a gallon in a few hours . Others nothing yet fine tuned the handle for my adze widened the spline and added just over 2 inches in length fits my hand much better . My son said I went overboard on the finish detail of the handle . Told him if I’m going to do it I’ll do it right . And it’s good practice for doing knives

Edit: forgot the picture of it after I smoothed the welds
Attached Images

1969 AMX ,
1977 Suburban sold
68 anniversary.
Old 02-16-2022, 07:58 AM   #2271
special-K
Special Order

I think there's another version of "If you're going to do it..." that goes beyond doing it right. Doing it right means adequately, properly. I like to say, "... I'm going to do it nice", a step beyond. There's an added something to the form and function balance thing when added beauty to the form takes nothing away from the function, or even adds to it. I think this is why I like antiques so much. The craftsmanship went far beyond function much more than what I see today. The time vs money ratio thing leaned more in favor of time back in the day. I love the embossing on old cast iron, for instance. Look at that compared to what is made today and you think, "They didn't even have to do that", or "How could they do all that and still make money?". They could and they did.

Tim

Old 02-16-2022, 06:20 PM   #2272
72c20customcamper

Got the new radiator for my Chevelle 2row 1.25 inch tubes old one has 1inch tubes. Car never overheated but got to 210 a few times and the fans took a while to cool it down .
Attached Images

1969 AMX ,
1977 Suburban sold
68 anniversary.
Old 02-16-2022, 06:28 PM   #2273
72c20customcamper

Really need to get out of the house. Keep making tools for the heck of it. Made a router plane just need to weld a stainless nut on to make the cinch bolt
Attached Images

1969 AMX ,
1977 Suburban sold
68 anniversary.
Old 02-16-2022, 06:31 PM   #2274
LT7A

Quote:
Originally Posted by KW5413 View Post
Walk away heat control, variety of wood flavors which are easily stored (pellets), ease of use and clean-up. Perhaps more importantly, pellet smokers have allowed folks that normally wouldn't "smoke"...to get into the game with confidence. I have had mine for many years. Ultimately bought Traeger's for both of my Son-in-laws.

As I mentioned in the Valentine's Day thread...I smoked a Beef Tenderloin and lobster tails for Sunday dinner. I chopped up the lobster and made Smoked Lobster stuffed baked potatoes.

Pretty damned good eatin'.
100%. I have been a happy recipient of such food. And far from being caught up in consumerism, it is the right tool for the job for some. Fire and forget. When you don't have the experience, or you need to manage your family, or you just want to be working on something else, the meat is done just right, the kids are safe, and the house doesn't go up in smoke, literally or figuratively. It feeds the fuel to itself and it pings your phone when it's done. Way easier than even barbecuing if you have other things going on.
LT7A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2022, 06:39 PM   #2275
LT7A

Quote:
Originally Posted by FleetsidePaul View Post
Today I had to meet the internet guy at my new place. I drove my Corvette. About a 20 minute drive.

There is a long straight stretch of road. And no one else was on the road. I looked and it was wide open. Nobody around.

So What's a poor fool to do? I put the pedal to the metal and woke the ponies up.

I was going about 110 mph when I looked in my mirror. The CHP was behind me. Apparently their cars can go 110 as well because he was on my azz. I have no idea where this guy came from.

I waited for the lights to go on. I was so busted, but he never turned them on. I slowed Waaay down. The speed limit was 50 and I went 50 for the next 12 miles. Still no lights no siren. I felt like I was taking a driving test with this cop behind me. I finally got to Kernville and made a left and he went straight. No ticket?

My hands were shaking when I got home. I wondered why he didn't pull me over, but I remembered reading that because of Covid that the police will not respond to anything that isn't a crime in progress or life threating. I wasn't either so I got a pass.

I guess he just wanted to let me know that he was there and that I had better slow down. Point taken.
Wow, I knew that they were not taking people to jail for minor offenses, but I didn't know they were overlooking, um, land speed record... I mean going over the speed limit by a few mph's, haha. I wonder what they are doing about the lost revenue stream. Regardless, it sounds like a good time for me to road trip down through CA.
LT7A is offline   Reply With Quote