The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-15-2013, 09:02 PM   #26
PBFAB.COM

Re: My sons dropmember C10 build

Our most popular kits are the Airbag Extreme version. Low ride height with adjustability. They drive incredibly well and the performance will surprise you. And the laid out stance will attract all sorts of attention.

We can do just about any configuration you would like. We can build one that gets you a 5" ride height with the coil over and the Touring geometry like you previously mentioned.

I would suggest finding a pic of a truck that has the ride height you want and then decide if you want adjustability with a smooth but not spongy ride or a static all performance based system with a little sportier ride quality. That decision will dictate which version to go with.

Nate
Posted via Mobile Device

Phone: 480-297-2621

E-mail: sales@pbfab.com

Find us on FaceBook under Porterbuilt Fabrication

Specializing in Chassis and Suspension Components for your Classic Chevrolet Truck.

We offer components from the following manufacturers:

Porterbuilt
Accuair
Ridetech (Air Ride Technologies)
Air Lift
Wilwood
Intro
Unisteer
ECE
Gotta Show
Air Lift
Borgeson
CPP

Supporting this forum since 2003!
PBFAB.COM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 09:14 PM   #27
joesbruiser

Thanks again.
I really had this all planed out at one time i swear.
joesbruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 09:23 PM   #28
joesbruiser

I would like to say for a company to put up with my aggravating ass they have great customer support.
My hats off to the guys at Porterbuilt.
Old 09-15-2013, 09:31 PM   #29
l79m20

agreed!
l79m20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 12:22 AM   #30
Hardesty454

Really Id ask what you are looking for out of this build? Bags are one of the most comfortable ride setup you can get. Adjustable height is awesome as well. If youre building a street machine and want to rip some turns, go with the coil overs. They are comfortable but not to the point of bags. This is exactly what Im deciding right now so i know your pain.

BTW,
I Love Father son builds so Im excited to watch your build.

1971 c10 - ground up in progress

Tripp's Speed Shop Build -
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=589750
Hardesty454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 07:21 AM   #31
joesbruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardesty454 View Post
Really Id ask what you are looking for out of this build? Bags are one of the most comfortable ride setup you can get. Adjustable height is awesome as well. If youre building a street machine and want to rip some turns, go with the coil overs. They are comfortable but not to the point of bags. This is exactly what Im deciding right now so i know your pain.

BTW,
I Love Father son builds so Im excited to watch your build.
This is for sure the hardest decision I have ever tried to make on a build.
Heck I have had over 30 custom cars /trucks and never once had to think twice on what I wanted to do.I have had several drag cars and trucks,several bagged trucks and a 62 impala,and back in the day I had several cars and trucks with Hydraulics.I did not think twice on parts selection or build direction on any of them.This thing is just throwing me for a loop.
Oh well Porterbuilt has the money already and I will let them know a direction before lunch.I really do not think any of the choices they offer will be a bad choice.
Old 09-16-2013, 09:45 AM   #32
Hardesty454

Quote:
Originally Posted by joesbruiser View Post
This is for sure the hardest decision I have ever tried to make on a build.
Heck I have had over 30 custom cars /trucks and never once had to think twice on what I wanted to do.I have had several drag cars and trucks,several bagged trucks and a 62 impala,and back in the day I had several cars and trucks with Hydraulics.I did not think twice on parts selection or build direction on any of them.This thing is just throwing me for a loop.
Oh well Porterbuilt has the money already and I will let them know a direction before lunch.I really do not think any of the choices they offer will be a bad choice.
That's true, you can't get a wrong product from them. I'd say go with the extreme bagged kit. Then top it all off with accuair e-level. That way you're have a nice cruiser that contains no headache. Done!
Posted via Mobile Device

1971 c10 - ground up in progress

Tripp's Speed Shop Build -
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=589750
Hardesty454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 08:50 AM   #33
timmytimm3

I know the feeling of trying to make up your mind on ride height! Good luck with whatever you decide

timmytimm3 on IG

"If you don't have time to do it right the first time, when will you?" -Dad
timmytimm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 09:08 PM   #34
joesbruiser

We are for sure going with coilovers now I know. I received an email from porterbuilt today with a pick of a mild dropmember truck on coilovers and they said the front would be a inch or 2 lower than the truck pictured but if I read the email correct they said the rear would be the same as the picture and that would be to high. So if we can get a plan for the rear i'm in business and can start building a truck!!!!!
I pretty much want the truck to sit an inch lower all the way around than in this pic.

Old 09-26-2013, 04:09 PM   #35
STOCKISH
Formerly- 1972SuperCheyenne

Coming along great. The wheels look good on there.

My Build Thread:http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=799218

A good crossthread is better than Loctite any day.

Life is not about what you have, but who you have to share it with.
STOCKISH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 04:32 PM   #36
joesbruiser

Thanks. I really like the wheels mainly because there different.

I talked with porterbuilt several times today and they have it all worked out. Going with a touring front with a narrowed arm and should get about a 5.5 inch ride height at the frame in the front of the cab.
The rear they are going to send me the extreme coilover notch and bridge and I can cut it down to get the ride height where it needs to be.
I am really excited that it looks like this thing is about to start coming together!!!!!!
And again hats off to the guys at Porterbuilt.
Old 10-09-2013, 07:35 AM   #37
joesbruiser

Suspension should be getting close to being built and a build should be starting soon!!!!!
With the laid back A pillars I had no choice other than to do one piece glass.I tacked in a set of filler panels for the front corners reworked the window tracks and dropped the doors off at the glass guy last week. He made the templates,cut the glass and had it tempered.I get them back today. Then I need to do the bodywork and get them in finish primer.
I am debating on if I want to run stock door handles or the flush fit units from Kindig It Design . Any thoughts?
Old 10-10-2013, 06:57 PM   #38
joesbruiser

I decided to get the trans ready to go and play around with the stock 3 speed on the tree column.
My father-in-law had a smooth cover for the top so I have started shaving the bottom and made a delrin lower bushing. I still have a few things to cut off and then finish the metal work but it should work and save us from having to buy a column.
I also freshened up the trans.Nothing fancy just a set of Alto clutches,Kolene steels and went through the TCI manual valve body.I really like the valve body because it has engine braking in 1st and 2nd but not 3rd.I stuck a stock pan on it for now so I can set the motor and trans in the truck for mock up and not have to worry about scratching anything.
I plan to pinstripe the truck in hugger orange so I painted the trans the same.I do believe with the heads and block being alluminum I will paint the valve covers,timing cover,oil pan etc in the orange also.

Old 10-10-2013, 07:03 PM   #39
joesbruiser

We have also decided on the color for the truck.It is going to be a dark non met. gray and headlight bezels,grill trim and misc. parts will be the same gray just in a matte or matte clear.
We had a lot of SBC valve covers laying around the shop so I had the paint store mix up several colors to try until we settled on this combo.
Old 11-05-2013, 09:22 PM   #40
joesbruiser

Santa pulled up in his big brown truck today and dropped 9 boxes of Porterbuilt stuff for me to play with over the next week or so.!!!!!! I will get some pics up soon.
Old 11-06-2013, 12:17 AM   #41
Rusbuilt

I'm in on this! Looking good!
Rusbuilt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 08:11 AM   #42
mikeleeshields

That is such a fun day when those big brown boxes are dropped off. Have fun.

Mike
mikeleeshields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 07:25 PM   #43
joesbruiser

We did a little work on Tylers truck today!!!!! I am feeling a bit under the weather so not as much progress as I wanted but at least a little headway. I think i am going to get the truck running and do a few burnouts then take it back apart to make everything pretty .

Old 11-09-2013, 07:29 PM   #44
joesbruiser

I want to say that I am very pleased with the parts from porterbuilt. The fit and finish is great!!!!!. The sway bar looks like it is going to be really close to the steering but I do not have it fully bolted onm so i am sure it will be fine,if not splined units will be what I run..
Old 11-10-2013, 09:04 PM   #45
Rusbuilt

Nice progress!!
Rusbuilt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 10:04 PM   #46
joesbruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusbuilt View Post
Nice progress!!
Thank you sir.
I did not do much today I hate being sick.
I was kind of stressing the hood hinges but went ahead and knocked them out this eve.Probably did not take 2 hours to do the install and while I was tig welding the nut plates to the hood I went ahead and tigged some set screws in the old hinge bolt holes to get rid of them.
I could do the rear setup here at the house but i think I am going to wait until the weekend so I can snatch the cab off with a lift. Yes i am lazy!!!!!!
Old 11-13-2013, 01:12 AM   #47
slowcpe

Subscribing as I'm thinking about the PB mild drop member, control arms and coil overs. Going through the same debate between coil overs and air ride.
1967/71 Blue SWB C10..SOLD
1977 SWB K10..my grandpa's.....never should have sold
slowcpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 02:00 AM   #48
CheyenneShop

Hope your feeling better. Love the build and it's even cooler it's a F/S project.

Looking forward to watching this one come together.

rw
68 C/10 shorty - "Picacho" http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=428379 sold to "93redsled"

Have you heard about C10 Talk? C10 Talk is a podcast all about C10 Trucks, the builders, the vendors, and most importantly the C10 Community. Check us out online at www.c10talk.com
CheyenneShop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 08:34 AM   #49
joesbruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowcpe View Post
Subscribing as I'm thinking about the PB mild drop member, control arms and coil overs. Going through the same debate between coil overs and air ride.
I am really liking the idea of not having to layout,plumb,and wire all the air ride stuff myself.With the front and rear package porterbuilt setup for me this thing is going to have a very low aggressive stance and with the narrowed arms it will still turn full lock to lock with my sons wheel choice.
Old 11-13-2013, 08:38 AM   #50
joesbruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by theCheyenneShop View Post
Hope your feeling better. Love the build and it's even cooler it's a F/S project.

Looking forward to watching this one come together.

rw
Thanks. To me in the day and age we are in with all the computer,and gaming systems it is hard for a father and son to find something to have in common much less do and enjoy together. With Tyler being into cars at such an early age i have been blessed to be able to build trucks with him. It gets aggravating at times when he decides he would rather play a game than work on the truck but at least we get some father son time.