The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-19-2020, 12:21 AM   #19
cornerstone

Re: Thanks Joe, I didn't have anything better to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Jekyll View Post
It's supposed to be fun for me and when I get stressed out it defeats the purpose. Most the time I have to research how do things. My wife asks "How do you know how to do this?" and I reply "What makes you think I know what I'm doing." Admitting that I don't know keeps me open to learning and thats partially what this project is about.
I hear ya loud and clear. I'd bet for every hour of actual hands on work time on my truck, there was 3 hours of "research". I've learned many times that there are better ways to do the job than the way I was planning to do it. I've had occasions when I got a job done, then came here to see how others handled the same task. A time or two I went back and "re-fixed" it because I found a better solution after the fact.

I've come to believe the saying more and more... "its about the journey, not the destination"

1972 C10, "Loyd", LWB to SWB, 5.3, L83/6L80e, 4:11 Tru Trac, Air Ride, VA, DD, 20" Coys, 4 wheel disc, A quick LS swap turned into a 6 year frame off resto-mod.
cornerstone is offline   Reply With Quote