The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-30-2020, 11:51 AM   #1
sgaylord
Project collector

Jezebel 3.0. Lay frame and Twin Turbos!!!

Not sure how many are still around from when I initially built Jezebel but she has been an awesome truck (link in sig). Last upgrades were Holley Terminator fuel injection, new Boyds tank, and mild suspension upgrades. Mini notch and AccuAir. Current pics.

Now its time for 3.0! Looking to lay frame and add twin turbos. When I built the motor I had it built with turbos in mind as a future addition. All internals are forged, Pro Comp heads, and 9.5 comp.

Thinking of going Porterbuilt Stage 3 air front and rear with the rack and pinion steering and Willwood spindles. Need help deciding if I should go trailing arms or 4 link. Plans are to just do shows and cruises mostly, not sure it will see a lot of track time.

As for turbos I have a friend who owns a tuning shop and he is planning 57mm turbos with intercooler(s). Sorry I don't have the full details. Thinking about 14lbs of boost will get me around 600-650 at the rear tires.

Thoughts on suspension options and turbos?

Steve
Attached Images

2020 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax
2016 Harley Street Glide CVO

Roll Tide!
sgaylord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2020, 05:00 PM   #2
SkidmoreGarage

Re: Jezebel 3.0. Lay frame and Twin Turbos!!!

I don't have specific experiences to offer but there are a lot of options out there now for a performance oriented suspension that also drops the body to the ground and maintains the shock travel you need for traction and handling, especially with 650hp.

I'd figure out a budget for what you are thinking now and start shopping around for what else is out there and opinions. I'd look at the different chassis options and front or back half's.

As far as the turbos, the devil's in the details, so I can't comment on what you have in mind (could be awesome). I'd consider a big single turbo with excellent boost control, personally. That should help you achieve your goals and still have good torque. With twin turbos, you have double the cost, complexity, and packaging.
SkidmoreGarage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020, 09:10 AM   #3
sgaylord
Project collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkidmoreGarage View Post
I don't have specific experiences to offer but there are a lot of options out there now for a performance oriented suspension that also drops the body to the ground and maintains the shock travel you need for traction and handling, especially with 650hp.

I'd figure out a budget for what you are thinking now and start shopping around for what else is out there and opinions. I'd look at the different chassis options and front or back half's.

As far as the turbos, the devil's in the details, so I can't comment on what you have in mind (could be awesome). I'd consider a big single turbo with excellent boost control, personally. That should help you achieve your goals and still have good torque. With twin turbos, you have double the cost, complexity, and packaging.
Thanks. From what I am seeing in my initial research I think budget should be ok. I will set aside extra $$ for those, "Well since I have it down this far I might as well..." lol. Personally I like the challenge of making things fit/work properly so this should be fun.

Hoping to hear from others on their suspension ideas. I want something that turns well, rides good, and lays frame. At this point I'm looking at the Porterbuilt L3 Air setups front and rear but open to other options too. I'm not in a big hurry but would probably like to make my decision and get my order placed around Christmas time.

Roll Tide!
Old 12-01-2020, 11:13 AM   #4
silverbear

Looking forward to seeing the details on this next phase. Not to promote you coping someone else's build but to give you another view of the Porterbuilt products... Gas Monkey built a green and white 76 C10 on one of their shows. That truck was sold and the wrecked. This guy on Youtube Alex Rebuilds, bought the truck from auction and has been rebuilding it. The Gas Monkey frame was bent, so Alex had to remove all the Porterbuilt components and install on the new frame. Although I find it a bit difficult listening to Alex talk, he provides a lot of details on the Porterbuilt setup. Just thought this may help in your decision process.

Chris
2010 Suburban 1500 4x4 5.3l/6L80e. Sold
2016 Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab 4x4 6.0l/6L80e
silverbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020, 12:28 PM   #5
lolife99
67-72 parts collector,…

Definitely go with the Porterbuilt products.
I would call or email them.
They will get back to you and help you decide on trailing arms or 4-link.
The best thing about Nate Porter,... he’s always improving his designs and parts.
Looking forward to your upgrades.
Killer truck.

Convert to disc brakes.
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=444823
lolife99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2020, 03:16 PM   #6
sgaylord
Project collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolife99 View Post
Definitely go with the Porterbuilt products.
I would call or email them.
They will get back to you and help you decide on trailing arms or 4-link.
The best thing about Nate Porter,... he’s always improving his designs and parts.
Looking forward to your upgrades.
Killer truck.
Thanks lolife99. I'm probably going with the Porterbuilt Level 3 stuff and that raised bed kit.

Roll Tide!