The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-19-2021, 02:53 AM   #1
Chevy nutcase

New possible candidate for purchase

Found this 1970 c10 on marketplace. Owner says its originally a Nevada truck so rust is minimal if this hasn't been living in Maryland for to long. Motor is a fresh 350 with aluminum goodies and trans is 350 turbo. New heads, intake, carb and radiator. Asking $9000 which sounds a lil steep but if it's as rust free as he says I may make the hour and a half pilgrimage to see for myself. I figured I'd get some professional opinions before my journey
Attached Images

Last edited by Chevy nutcase; 04-19-2021 at 05:23 AM.
Chevy nutcase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021, 06:52 AM   #2
custom10nut

Re: New possible candidate for purchase

It appears to have good bones, but beware of the fresh paint. What is it covering up. And hour and a half drive isn’t that far, but then again I live 30 minutes away from the nearest town. Take your coveralls, a light, and a piece of cardboard, to lay on when you crawl underneath. Also take a friend that has a pension for details, has he can be your unbiased second pair of eyes.
Is there a way he can prove to you that it did in fact come “from Nevada”, through messaging?
In my opinion and my opinion only, the asking price is high. The question is, what will he accept if you have the cash in hand. Remember, cash talks and BS walks.
Good luck
custom10nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021, 07:07 AM   #3
Chevy nutcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by custom10nut View Post
It appears to have good bones, but beware of the fresh paint. What is it covering up. And hour and a half drive isn’t that far, but then again I live 30 minutes away from the nearest town. Take your coveralls, a light, and a piece of cardboard, to lay on when you crawl underneath. Also take a friend that has a pension for details, has he can be your unbiased second pair of eyes.
Is there a way he can prove to you that it did in fact come “from Nevada”, through messaging?
In my opinion and my opinion only, the asking price is high. The question is, what will he accept if you have the cash in hand. Remember, cash talks and BS walks.
Good luck
Unfortunately my eyes are the only ones that I can count on. And I agree on the truth of its western origins and how that may be a selling point for unwary buyers. The condition of the floor and bed supports will tell that tale. As for the price, my inner negotiator already tells me $8000 maybe.
Chevy nutcase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021, 09:00 AM   #4
BigBird05

I expect cash when ever I sell anything. The last time somebody tried to shove cash in my face I raised the price!
BigBird05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021, 10:32 AM   #5
1970cstblazer
All stock and staying that way

Lightbulb Re: New possible candidate for purchase

Unless this is a short fleetside with some rare options, it isn't worth even close to $9K.. Looks like a decent old truck but nothing special.
1970 K/5 Blazer CST 4WD, Bronze, 93k ACT. miles, 350, 4 speed, positraction, 16.5" x 8.25" wheel option, tilt, tach, vacuum, AM/FM, manual throttle...Dad ordered and purchased new 4/70. Currently frame off restoration in progress...

1972 Cheyenne Super 20 2WD, DK Blue/White, 90K ACT. miles, 402, TH400, 4.10 open, tilt, tach, vacuum, A/C, AM/FM, manual throttle.. A mostly original paint never rusted Texas survivor...

2017 Sierra 1500 SLT 4WD, Black, 38k miles, 5.3, 6L80E, 3.42 LS, 20" polished wheels, everything but moonroof and 6.2...

2019 Canyon SLT 4WD, White, 54k miles, 3.6, 8L45, 3.23 LS, 18" wheels
1970cstblazer is offline   Reply With Quote