The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-29-2022, 08:59 PM   #1
Steeveedee
Who Changed This?

Parts

The wife and I went out to National Parts Depot in Ventura this morning. Got foam and the cover for the seat, and the headliner and trim. I'm not going to say what we paid, but I'm going to have to scrape my eyebrows off the ceiling. It's a good thing that we got the truck for free, is all I can say.

'70 Chevy 3/4T Longhorn CST 402/400/3.56 Custom Camper

Simi Valley, CA
Steeveedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2022, 09:46 PM   #2
special-K
Special Order

Re: Parts

Ah, it's only money. That's great you made the move to purdy up the cab. When original seat covers first came out around '90 the Cheyenne covers were more than they are today. They came down once they started selling more, but I spent a lot of money with Cheyenne Superman in '90 on restored tach dash, restored tilt column, seat cover, and re-plated dash bezel. You could buy a 67-72 for what I spent back then on those four items. I hope I made you feel better

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2022, 11:04 PM   #3
Steeveedee
Who Changed This?

Buy once, cry once, I guess. I'm looking around the website at some point to see what people have done to redo the dash pad. I suspect that we'll just be buying that already made, too. Sadly, my dad passed in '88. He could make that stuff right. 100 point interiors based on pictures in magazines, "right", on vehicles like Pierce Arrows.

While we were there, we should have bought the "dome" light trim and lens. Ours hangs down and swings around, as the clips have been toast for decades. Oh, yeah- I need a bushing for the shift linkage down by the trans, which I discovered when I was replacing the wiring for the downshift switch. I haven't told my wife that I spotted a really nice '65 Skylark for sale locally, yet. I'll have to sell my econobox to help pay for it...and to have room to park it.

Simi Valley, CA
Old 06-30-2022, 06:19 AM   #4
special-K
Special Order

I love all the '65 A-bodies. Go for it! If you want, you can have your wife give me a call and I'll explain to her how all this works for us guys . I had a '65 F85 4spd for a while in HS. I wish I sti..........

Does anyone sell just those dome lamp clips? I can't tell you how many times I have needed those for a truck. If you look at pictures of my short bed project you might notice the dangling light. I do have a new one stashed. I bought it before the truck and looked for a cab that needed a new one .

Kidding here, of course. I just said that because this thread is labeled "Parts" and that is how this project came about, building a truck from my parts stash. I was about to tear into a '72 short bed 6cyl/3sp in primer I had for a total restoration. My financial situation got "changed" for me in a big way which got me to assessing. I had only ever bought parts, never sold a thing because I'm a 67-72 lifer. Hart Rob put a rebuilt SWB chassis with 4/6 drop up for sale and I realized with the parts I had that chassis was all I needed for a complete truck built my way. I sold the '72 since mo' money was good at the time and I could just skip to building with no teardown and a chassis ready to build on.

I hope you don't mind my story. It's all about parts.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
Old 06-30-2022, 09:32 AM   #5
Steeveedee
Who Changed This?

^ It's all good!

Simi Valley, CA
Old 06-30-2022, 09:57 AM   #6
special-K
Special Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeveedee View Post
^ It's all good!
Glad to hear it. I've enjoyed our little conversation here

Tim