The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > Welcome Area

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-13-2016, 03:41 PM   #1
dwbrown3131

Wink 1 ton suspension under a 2 ton truck?

Hey guys, I've used these forums for years a reference material, and have a project that I can't find if anyone has done. Maybe I'm just not looking under the right rocks.

I have a 1963 C60 that I want to put one ton suspension under. The truck is absolutely rock solid in amazing condition from New Mexico, but I want to put the running boards on the ground and put cut down 22.5" Alcoas on it. We're using it as a trash truck while we're building our new house, and when that job is done I plan to build it.

Has anyone done something like that? I have the factory engine cross member from my 72 1/2 ton, but it's buried in my shop and I can't get to it until we move into the new house to get measurements to see if it would be viable to bolt that in. I know they put independent torsion suspension in all classes of trucks from 60-62, so I assume that it will more or less bolt in, but we all know happens when you assume.

Any ideas, suggestions, or praise will gladly be accepted. Neigh sayers will not be tolerated, that's not how we get really cool stuff.
dwbrown3131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 05:28 PM   #2
MalibuSSwagon

Re: 1 ton suspension under a 2 ton truck?

Someone had posted one in the Heavy Haulers section here, a C60 on a 88-98 C3500HD frame. That swap seems perfect in my mind, gets the truck down much lower than it was, and 5/10 lug axles so your Alcoas should bolt up as is (I could be wrong there). Plus still has a 15000GVW so using it for towing and hauling is still an option.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...07&postcount=4
MalibuSSwagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 08:18 PM   #3
dwbrown3131

Re: 1 ton suspension under a 2 ton truck?

There is a link to Dinos 66 C60 that lays running boards and has Alcoas on it. That is so freakin awesome. Thanks for the link to the link. The are no pictures of the front suspension, but it's out there so I'll find it.
dwbrown3131 is offline   Reply With Quote