The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-22-2023, 10:34 PM   #26
68bowtie

Re: New Facebook group!

I don’t even have face book. So I am with you guys. But I will say WE (myself included) can be a bit rigid and old school which does turn off a lot of people.

When I was flipping a LOT of truck parts, I would ask everyone I met if they were on “the” forum. I would say maybe 10% of people knew about it. That was before Facebook marketplace came around and obliterated craigslist and I gave up the parts hustle.

Project "Little Sister" (70 c10 blue original paint refresh)
Project "C10 Fever" (68 factory black 396 swb)
Project "Blue Bomb" (70 c30 blue original paint refresh)
Project "Vitamin C" (71 c10 orange original paint refresh)
68bowtie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2023, 10:03 AM   #27
zicc1835

Quote:
Originally Posted by LockDoc View Post
I guess that's your way of taking a poke at me and that's fine.

That's why I posted the # of the post I quoted from, that way anyone that cares to can go back and read the whole post. The rest of it was irrelevant to what I posted.

LockDoc
my response was meant to affirm what you did not to poke at you at all sincerely .... you fact checked and you did it properly. I think you see what I see ...folks who make statements and put false spins on comments and think no one will challenge ....to the contrary I was pleased with someone calling out the WHOLE TRUTH ...
zicc1835 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2023, 10:51 AM   #28
LockDoc
The Older Generation

Quote:
Originally Posted by zicc1835 View Post
my response was meant to affirm what you did not to poke at you at all sincerely .... you fact checked and you did it properly. I think you see what I see ...folks who make statements and put false spins on comments and think no one will challenge ....to the contrary I was pleased with someone calling out the WHOLE TRUTH ...

I completely read your post incorrectly, Sorry. It was a little cryptic to me. That's what happens when you get old...

LockDoc

Locksmith, Specializing In Antique Trucks, Automobiles, & Motorcycles

(My Dually Pickup Project Thread)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=829820

-
LockDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2023, 11:03 AM   #29
davischevy

The difference between FB and here is bashing will be dealt with here if it comes to an admin's attention. That is not to say people don't try it.

Like I said earlier, a great percentage of the feedback on FB is incorrect guesses, from people that have no clue what they are talking about. I try to direct the OP here if I can.

Build thread, Arkansas K10
https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...=755797&page=5

The ability to speak several languages is an asset, but the ability to keep your mouth shut in any language is priceless.
davischevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2023, 11:18 AM   #30
zicc1835

Quote:
Originally Posted by LockDoc View Post
I completely read your post incorrectly, Sorry. It was a little cryptic to me. That's what happens when you get old...

LockDoc
my Bad on the cryptic.. and I to know about old .... my 55chev is 4 years my junior
Old 04-01-2023, 10:57 AM   #31
tinman_local2

I use both. It's very difficult for me to post pictures here. Facebook groups are much easier. The information here is much more accurate, not saying Facebook groups don't have knowledge, but I think this forum has some older members with some good experience. This forum is my go-to and always will be. I'll continue to browse Facebook for entertainment, as well.
tinman_local2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2023, 12:28 PM   #32
special-K
Special Order

I was just talking to a member who hasn't been here in about 10 years. He said he has come on here and tried to PM me but he get's logged out.

What i dislike about FB is it's so flash in the pan. 24 hours later a post is lost. I like how we keep things going and can always find old stuff and bring it back. I call that greater substance, which I am big on in any aspect. I'm not one for superficial.

I use my laptop for both FB and this site. I have no problems posting pictures here. I only use my phone to view the internet. Plus pictures are bigger on a laptop.

I went to one of the groups this week, prompted by an e-mail. It's a Chevy 4x4 only group, which I feel shows limited knowledge in itself. I figure they intended the 4wd only part but why exclude GMCs? Why be so exclusive? So I post a picture from '82 of a '71 K/20 we took on a trip to the beach. I get two comments, so I post two more pictures from the same trip. Crickets....

If I didn't still have the e-mail with the link I would have had a hard time finding the thread a second and, this morning, third time.

I guess that post was "so yesterday". That's what I mean about flash in the pan superficial momentary with limited knowledge. First guy commented on contractor truck with surfboard being a common site in OR. Other guy askes "What size tires?". I replied to both... crickets. Seems like a waste of time to me.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 04-01-2023 at 12:39 PM.
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2023, 12:32 PM   #33
Orefactory4x4 swb

Personally I like this site for good and helpful information on my build.
And lock doc you were just calling someone out for bashing this site, I clearly seen that reading the post. I’m glad it’s not allowed here .
Orefactory4x4 swb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2023, 01:45 PM   #34
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Quote:
Originally Posted by zicc1835 View Post
I like whole truths ...part of , a portion of todays societies issue is not being fact checked and then when they are half truths happen or the just a little pregnant syndrome appears.... just an opinion just sayin....
Can I take this as an offer to help moderate the site? If so please PM me, we can use some help from those dedicated to fact checking.
Liz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2023, 01:46 PM   #35
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orefactory4x4 swb View Post
Personally I like this site for good and helpful information on my build.
And lock doc you were just calling someone out for bashing this site, I clearly seen that reading the post. I’m glad it’s not allowed here .
Please report the offending post if there is an issue. Much appreciated.
Old 04-02-2023, 01:51 PM   #36
truckdude239

Also this site also has a actual facebook page 67-72chevytrucks.com on face book it is moded by me and a few other people the same rules that apply here apply there

1971 Chevy c-10 under going a 4.8l LSx swap

Build Thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=421305

2007 Honda Accord my daily 145kmiles
2002 Honda Accord 4 door With 330k(sisters car)
2005 toyota Avalon 228k( brothers car)
2002 Sububran 5.3 245k
2000 Tahoe 5.3l 378

General manager for Marco's Carwash & lube
truckdude239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2023, 01:52 PM   #37
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick2x2x View Post
Noticed a new Facebook group last night. C10 Steppers Looks cool for all the stepsides that are still around
Thanks for the info. We had groups on fb for every genre for a time. It was just to much to deal with mod wise. We closed all but the main one for this site. https://www.facebook.com/groups/6772chevy

People get mad and leave because we do not allow for sale, spam stuff. That is not the reason it is there.

The main issue I see on the fb groups is the know it all mentality. The things some recommend as solutions are just scary. Then you see posts from folks who have a clue and want to help. Those folks get bashed by Johnny know it all and quit posting..

There is room in this vast interweb for all. Social network groups have their purpose as well as IG, snaps etc.. Some bad ass folks to follow and gorgeous vehicles we may never had seen otherwise.

Gonna check out your suggestion Thanks
Old 04-02-2023, 01:53 PM   #38
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Quote:
Originally Posted by truckdude239 View Post
Also this site also has a actual facebook page 67-72chevytrucks.com on face book it is moded by me and a few other people the same rules that apply here apply there
Well look who the cat dragged in! You must have an actual day off.

few others... like me! well, when I am able

also I did move this over to general discussion. I think it is better suited there.
Old 04-02-2023, 03:56 PM   #39
Getter-Done

Quote:
Originally Posted by truckdude239 View Post
Yeah
I don't have internet at work.
But I can get FB.
I use a shortcut to get to the forum thru the FB group.
63 Impala (my high school car)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...Crew Cab Build
Getter-Done is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2023, 09:28 AM   #40
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

That is pretty smart lol
Old 04-07-2023, 06:27 AM   #41
special-K
Special Order

I went on a FB group, I guess to reinforce why I don't care for such things... as it turns out. I really had an open mind, but it takes no time to rub me the wrong way. I had a lot of people recognize me from here and this place was referred to as "the old truck forum". That sums a lot up right these. FB is new vs this place being old. For some, that's makes a difference, got to keep moving forward with what's next... regardless of how great what you leave behind is. I saw comments comparing, FB has more content and the forum has accurate information". Yes, exactly! But more content? Do they mean more flashes in the pan per day, pictures included? I see no matter what the topic people don't miss a chance to wedge a picture of their truck in. Content? How about quality of content or depth of content? Nope, don't see that. Since my "face" isn't buried into FB I'm seeing posts a day or two after, and I'm late to the party. No replies... except to take exception of course.
I saw a guy asking the measurements for the mirrors he was mounting on his truck. He showed his truck with no mirrors mounted since restore and another showing new aftermarket mirrors similar to the '72 lo-mounts. A guy posted the diagram for placement of the 69-71 lo-mounts. My reply was, "Put them where they work best. They are aftermarket anyway. The diagram shown is for 69-71 style. Yours simulate '72 style". I got an e-mail saying someone commented on mine. The OP said, "Yes the picture is aftermarket but that is irrelevant, just want to mount them close to where they were from factory. The picture posted of mirror was all I had. It was just for reference purpose. I have the correct 69 mirrors". Me: "Ok cool. since you actually have the same mirrors as in diagram and not the aftermarket ones shown, the diagram is perfect. How would anyone know that? The 69-71 diagram would show dimensions that would not work with the mirrors shown, which would be relevant. I was trying to help".

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2023, 09:32 AM   #42
Micmac

What is this Facebook of which you speak? I've made it neigh onto 70 years without it. I mess with Indian Motorcycles and same thing happened. We had a great site, guys actually gave each other parts at times, lots of info, personal gatherings once a year then Facecrack occurred. I've been on here years I don't always comment, but know this resource is here 24/7 we never close. Good luck on the Facecrack sites. I wish them well, I'm not a trendy old truck owner. I'm in it for life.
Pete
1947 Indian Chief Roadmaster with Sidecar.
2012 Indian Chief Serial #002 of 110 built in '12
2016 Indian Chief Roadmaster
Micmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2023, 01:36 PM   #43
zicc1835

Quote:
Originally Posted by micmac View Post
what is this facebook of which you speak? I've made it neigh onto 70 years without it. I mess with indian motorcycles and same thing happened. We had a great site, guys actually gave each other parts at times, lots of info, personal gatherings once a year then facecrack occurred. I've been on here years i don't always comment, but know this resource is here 24/7 we never close. Good luck on the facecrack sites. I wish them well, i'm not a trendy old truck owner. I'm in it for life.
Pete
x2