The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Engine & Drivetrain

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-20-2023, 04:54 PM   #1
GSP7

Guages brand

What is a good quality reasonably priced mechanical triple gauge set to get now days for a old chevy truck with small block ? I need a

In the old days Stewart Warner gauge (oil press, water temp, voltage) were the good gauges to buy a reasonable price. Now S.W. are pretty pricey

Ive had a couple Sun Pro Gauges seemed ok .

I have Isspro on my Dodge Cummins diesel truck

Pinstriping-Lettering-Specialty Painting
GSP7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2023, 05:57 PM   #2
LS short box

Re: Guages brand

I've used Auto Meter many times and zero failures. They have their top line stuff but also offer Auto Gage which is less money. I've had Auto Gage in my Jeep for over 15 years and no issues.
LS short box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2023, 09:27 PM   #3
AcampoDave

Yeah, I like Autometer too. These are the ones I use https://www.autometer.com/gauges/tra...E&gclsrc=aw.ds they look kind of old school.
AcampoDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2023, 01:18 PM   #4
vince1

https://www.iequus.com/

I'm using the equus gauges. I had a lot of trouble with the flickering fuel gauge but after putting in more grounds and resetting the needle it seems to work OK now. I think it was totally my fault for messing it up in the first place.

I used the temp gauge running off a threaded hole in the thermostat housing. It works good. I didn't want to rely on the cold and overheat lights as found on the 66 as I am still running it without a shroud.

I won't use the oil pressure gauge because of the pressure line that would have to run into the cab.

I seem to remember that the oil pressure gauge on our 65 Mercury P/U was electric from a transmitter at the engine. I'd like to find such a setup to use on this truck.
Old 02-26-2023, 11:38 PM   #5
AcampoDave

Quote:
Originally Posted by vince1 View Post
https://www.iequus.com/

I'm using the equus gauges. I had a lot of trouble with the flickering fuel gauge but after putting in more grounds and resetting the needle it seems to work OK now. I think it was totally my fault for messing it up in the first place.

I used the temp gauge running off a threaded hole in the thermostat housing. It works good. I didn't want to rely on the cold and overheat lights as found on the 66 as I am still running it without a shroud.

I won't use the oil pressure gauge because of the pressure line that would have to run into the cab.

I seem to remember that the oil pressure gauge on our 65 Mercury P/U was electric from a transmitter at the engine. I'd like to find such a setup to use on this truck.
https://www.autometer.com/2-oil-pres...0-psi-sse.html
AutoMeter’s race proven air-core electric instruments provide quick and accurate readings while keeping hazardous fluids outside of the vehicle
AcampoDave is offline   Reply With Quote