The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-17-2023, 07:37 AM   #1
Nick2x2x

New Facebook group!

Noticed a new Facebook group last night. C10 Steppers Looks cool for all the stepsides that are still around
Nick2x2x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2023, 07:54 AM   #2
special-K
Special Order

Re: New Facebook group!

Thanks for the heads-up. There are so many 67-72 Facebook Groups I can't remember which one is which. I guess getting more specific helps tell one from the other, but also limits the activity. I get e-mails all the time about groups to join.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2023, 09:22 AM   #3
Nick2x2x

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
Thanks for the heads-up. There are so many 67-72 Facebook Groups I can't remember which one is which. I guess getting more specific helps tell one from the other, but also limits the activity. I get e-mails all the time about groups to join.
Just seen it pop up had some cool rides!!!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-17-2023, 11:31 AM   #4
dave6672

Thanks! I just joined and added pics of my K20 stepper. I hope that I'm not too much in violation since it's not a C10.

1972 K20
1972 C20 Highlander
1957 Chevy 210 Delray
1967 C10
dave6672 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2023, 02:19 PM   #5
CG
BlahBlahBlah

Oh boy, another Facebook group to pull even more members away from this site *eye roll*!

Monroe Swap meet May 18-19.
Mike has the same spots for the NW guys he's had forever.
Lunch time BBQ at the spaces.
If you have stuff to sell bring it along.

If you have a question PM stllookn (Mike) here via the board.

https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=851291
CG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2023, 05:31 PM   #6
cericd

Quote:
Originally Posted by CG View Post
Oh boy, another Facebook group to pull even more members away from this site *eye roll*!
Agreed and I second that eye roll.

My 1970 SWB C/10 - https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=534872
cericd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2023, 08:27 AM   #7
Joyridin

Search for C10 on FB and I think 500 groups come up. I am in about 20 of them and the same questions appear over and over and over.

What do I need to put an LS engine in my truck?
How much is my truck worth?
How wide of wheels can I put in the rear?
How much did you lower your truck?

Then there are the "I have a question that is very different from all the ones I have seen. What mounts do I need to put an LS in my truck?"
Joyridin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2023, 09:31 AM   #8
Getter-Done

Quote:
Originally Posted by CG View Post
CG
When I am at the truck shows and start talking to someone about their truck.
I ask them if they are on the 67-72 chevy truck forum?
They reply: (Which one? )

My response is [There is Only One]

Quote:
Originally Posted by cericd View Post
Agreed and I second that eye roll.
I will Third the Eyeroll
63 Impala (my high school car)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...Crew Cab Build
Getter-Done is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2023, 11:15 AM   #9
special-K
Special Order

All that I need is this one forum right here. The original and still the best. It has satisfied my extreme truck love for almost 19 years now, even with the flood of people who have hopped away to what they somehow perceive as the next best thing. I'll take rock solid over trendy anytime. I don't expect we'll lose any to a new FB group. Those who left for FB or IG are already gone, those who do both will still do both. It's just a thing that will water down FB into thinner group content, or people will be wasting a lot more time on their computers than putting their hands on their truck. Just coming here does plenty of that for me as it is. But see plenty of cool in depth truck stuff here and my lack of activity on my own trucks is due to factors outside of the www. A place I call reality

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
Old 03-18-2023, 06:18 PM   #10
zicc1835

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-k View Post
all that i need is this one forum right here. The original and still the best. It has satisfied my extreme truck love for almost 19 years now, even with the flood of people who have hopped away to what they somehow perceive as the next best thing. I'll take rock solid over trendy anytime. I don't expect we'll lose any to a new fb group. Those who left for fb or ig are already gone, those who do both will still do both. It's just a thing that will water down fb into thinner group content, or people will be wasting a lot more time on their computers than putting their hands on their truck. Just coming here does plenty of that for me as it is. But see plenty of cool in depth truck stuff here and my lack of activity on my own trucks is due to factors outside of the www. A place i call reality
x2
zicc1835 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2023, 09:56 AM   #11
57NAPCO
F’B’D guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-k View Post
all that i need is this one forum right here. The original and still the best. It has satisfied my extreme truck love for almost 19 years now, even with the flood of people who have hopped away to what they somehow perceive as the next best thing. I'll take rock solid over trendy anytime. I don't expect we'll lose any to a new fb group. Those who left for fb or ig are already gone, those who do both will still do both. It's just a thing that will water down fb into thinner group content, or people will be wasting a lot more time on their computers than putting their hands on their truck. Just coming here does plenty of that for me as it is. But see plenty of cool in depth truck stuff here and my lack of activity on my own trucks is due to factors outside of the www. A place i call reality
x3
57NAPCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2023, 01:23 PM   #12
Ol Blue K20
Proprietor of Dale's Corner

X4

Dale
XNGH ECV Sam Brannan 1004

R.I.P. 67ChevyRedneck
R.I.P. Grumpy Old Man
Ol Blue K20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2023, 08:26 PM   #13
xs-cash

This is the only one with real knowledge and answers!
xs-cash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2023, 09:30 PM   #14
davischevy

Quote:
Originally Posted by xs-cash View Post
This is the only one with real knowledge and answers!
FB doesn't hold a light to this place. People ask questions on there and others start guessing.

BTW, there is no such thing as xs-cash.

Build thread, Arkansas K10
https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...=755797&page=5

The ability to speak several languages is an asset, but the ability to keep your mouth shut in any language is priceless.
davischevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2023, 10:23 PM   #15
Getter-Done

Quote:
Originally Posted by davischevy View Post
FB doesn't hold a light to this place. People ask questions on there and others start guessing.

BTW, there is no such thing as xs-cash.
That Funny Right There
63 Impala (my high school car)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...Crew Cab Build
Getter-Done is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2023, 05:58 AM   #16
Nick2x2x

I like both sites I see more pictures of trucks on any social media than I ever did here both have their places and will be around for a long time its all in what you want. to me its not a contest between sites. I been on here for a few years asked questions and some never got a response or got bashed but same thing happens on the social media
Old 03-21-2023, 08:19 PM   #17
LockDoc
The Older Generation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick2x2x View Post
I like both sites I see more pictures of trucks on any social media than I ever did here both have their places and will be around for a long time its all in what you want. to me its not a contest between sites. I been on here for a few years asked questions and some never got a response or got bashed but same thing happens on the social media

I went through all 49 of your posts on here and I see that some of them got no replies which is somewhat normal. I have the same thing happen from time to time.

I see nowhere in any of your posts or replies to them where you have been bashed on this web site. You must be thinking about Facebook on that problem. We do not allow bashing or personal attacks on here. If we see it, or it is reported to the moderators, the members causing that problem will have a short stay on here....

LockDoc

Locksmith, Specializing In Antique Trucks, Automobiles, & Motorcycles

(My Dually Pickup Project Thread)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=829820

-
LockDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2023, 09:13 PM   #18
raggedjim

If I want to learn something I come here, if I want to feel smarter than I really am, well, there's facebook...

'68 Short step - https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=849675
'69 ('70?) 2wd Blazer
'70 GMC Jimmy 2wd
raggedjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2023, 09:15 PM   #19
Ol Blue K20
Proprietor of Dale's Corner

Quote:
Originally Posted by LockDoc View Post
I went through all 49 of your posts on here and I see that some of them got no replies which is somewhat normal. I have the same thing happen from time to time.

I see nowhere in any of your posts or replies to them where you have been bashed on this web site. You must be thinking about Facebook on that problem. We do not allow bashing or personal attacks on here. If we see it, or it is reported to the moderators, the members causing that problem will have a short stay on here....

LockDoc
Thank you Leon!! I was thinking the same but you have the ability to look. I don't remember seeing a lot of bashing on anyone here.

Dale
XNGH ECV Sam Brannan 1004

R.I.P. 67ChevyRedneck
R.I.P. Grumpy Old Man
Ol Blue K20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2023, 06:06 AM   #20
Nick2x2x

Quote:

LockDoc
Never particularly stated my post got bashed but have seen others post get bashed and others with no response (some of mine) and that is a part of how society work i'm not complaining by any means just stating it does happen on both platforms!

I like using both platforms most of the time people dont always post a picture here were you can see how things may have went together were on a nother site they do this site has helped me through my 70 build and i have already used it for my wifes 68 build. I 100% get this site has probably been around longer than the social media pages and there is more information factory technical documentation again that is why I use both!
Old 03-22-2023, 06:48 AM   #21
special-K
Special Order

We don't allow bashing here the way FB does. Not saying some might slip under the radar, but we don't play that game here.

For tech questions we have a search feature specific to each forum and we have a FAQ forum as well. There is over 20 years of information from the most knowledgeable people you'll meet at your fingertips, not momentary flash in the pan comments that drift away faster than your truck on a hill popped out of gear. Many of us here are here to help others less knowledgeable. We have a "No question is a dumb question" vibe. Unlike many other forums, you don't see the common "Search is your friend" comment. We'll answer the same question as many times as it is asked or post a link to a helpful thread.

Have you searched for picture threads here? I assume you've seen the picture thread stickies. If you request specific pictures in your own thread you will get those pictures here. No one will tell you not to use FB groups. Many members here are members there. Many members there were booted off this site for being bad players. I've been bashed there by a soreass who bought his own ticket out of here, but spreads a totally delusional lie about what happened. Whatever. Just because FB groups annoy me doesn't mean I think no one should enjoy it.

Tim

Old 03-22-2023, 10:06 AM   #22
LockDoc
The Older Generation

-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick2x2x View Post
Never particularly stated my post got bashed

Direct quote from post #16

Quote:
I been on here for a few years asked questions and some never got a response or got bashed.
Pretty clear to me. That's why I took the time to look and respond.

LockDoc

-
Old 03-22-2023, 02:09 PM   #23
Nick2x2x

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
We don't allow bashing here the way FB does. Not saying some might slip under the radar, but we don't play that game here.

For tech questions we have a search feature specific to each forum and we have a FAQ forum as well. There is over 20 years of information from the most knowledgeable people you'll meet at your fingertips, not momentary flash in the pan comments that drift away faster than your truck on a hill popped out of gear. Many of us here are here to help others less knowledgeable. We have a "No question is a dumb question" vibe. Unlike many other forums, you don't see the common "Search is your friend" comment. We'll answer the same question as many times as it is asked or post a link to a helpful thread.

Have you searched for picture threads here? I assume you've seen the picture thread stickies. If you request specific pictures in your own thread you will get those pictures here. No one will tell you not to use FB groups. Many members here are members there. Many members there were booted off this site for being bad players. I've been bashed there by a soreass who bought his own ticket out of here, but spreads a totally delusional lie about what happened. Whatever. Just because FB groups annoy me doesn't mean I think no one should enjoy it.
Agreed and like i said i use both and also the search function. Im on another forum for my 66-67 nova and in both forums my first search are the picture threads or what you did this week to what ever your working on but hey thanks for the response some people just like different things. like you said some people dont play nice and that the truth
Old 03-22-2023, 05:42 PM   #24
zicc1835

Quote:
-

Direct quote from post #16

Pretty clear to me. That's why I took the time to look and respond.

LockDoc
I like whole truths ...part of , a portion of todays societies issue is not being fact checked and then when they are half truths happen or the just a little pregnant syndrome appears.... just an opinion just sayin....
zicc1835 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2023, 09:51 PM   #25
LockDoc
The Older Generation

Quote:
Originally Posted by zicc1835 View Post
I like whole truths ...part of , a portion of todays societies issue is not being fact checked and then when they are half truths happen or the just a little pregnant syndrome appears.... just an opinion just sayin....

I guess that's your way of taking a poke at me and that's fine.

That's why I posted the # of the post I quoted from, that way anyone that cares to can go back and read the whole post. The rest of it was irrelevant to what I posted.

LockDoc

-