The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-05-2023, 12:00 AM   #1
RonWT

Window and door seals search????

Hi, first post here, I am looking for any opinions on the availability of finding replacement window and door seals? I am looking for everything. I have a 69 CST10. Thanks to anyone that can offer up places to look, vendors and such.

Thanks,

RonWT
RonWT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2023, 12:31 AM   #2
howzzzit

Re: Window and door seals search????

My third try on belt line moldings was with Precision. They are quality and unlike some they are cut to the correct size. They also sell channel parts. I've only tried the first item. There's some real bad reproductions out there. I won't name names.

https://azproperformance.com/product...-wfk-1110-67-c
howzzzit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2023, 01:00 AM   #3
RonWT

Quote:
Originally Posted by howzzzit View Post
My third try on belt line moldings was with Precision. They are quality and unlike some they are cut to the correct size. They also sell channel parts. I've only tried the first item. There's some real bad reproductions out there. I won't name names.

https://azproperformance.com/product...-wfk-1110-67-c
Thank you sir!!
RonWT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2023, 01:17 AM   #4
pjmoreland

The vent window seals sold by classicparts.com are excellent quality. There are a few threads here where they are discussed. I installed a set from Precision and they whistled like crazy. I ended up replacing them with NOS, but I bought a set from classicparts.com and they looked just like the NOS. The Precision, on the other hand, were not shaped correctly in a few spots.
pjmoreland is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2023, 03:02 PM   #5
howzzzit

PJ you're lucky . Classic belt line went into the trash on top of LMC's belt line. Ordered screws from Classic for my sport mirrors. Sent the incorrect ones twice. Don't have the correct ones apparently. Their cab and radiator support kit for a 72 is extra work. Steel inserts shorter than oem. Radiator support rubber bushings aren't correct. I called to order the core support bushing only kit. Asked the guy why the others were incorrect. He said to talk to my mechanic about it. Huh?
howzzzit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2023, 03:08 PM   #6
pjmoreland

I've had issues with stuff from Classic Parts, too, as well as other places. In general, reproduction parts are a crap shoot. In this case though, I do think their vent window seals are good.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=660294

https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=820567

I am happy with the Precision window opening lip seal/felt set I put on my truck. The outer one with the chrome strip doesn't look or fit the same way factory units did, but it is good quality.

Last edited by pjmoreland; 06-05-2023 at 03:15 PM.
pjmoreland is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2023, 03:33 PM   #7
mrobvious34

I got all my window seals and felt from Classic Industries and it all fit well. As far as door seals go, I see people use 2006-11 2 door Honda Civic door seals with good luck. They just snap onto the cab. I wish I would have seen that before I used original ones on my truck. Gluing OE style door seals on was a mess
mrobvious34 is offline   Reply With Quote