The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Engine & Drivetrain

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-21-2023, 03:48 PM   #1
Ziegelsteinfaust

4.3 V6 vs 283 sbc

Today I went to lunch with my, and he says I should consider a 4.3 V6 as a swap candidate. For my 69 4 door Nova. If I don't go for a modern fuel injected option. I am stuck between keep it carbuerated for simplicity I like, and fuel injection for better cold starts.

I just got my engine running again after the flattened cam, all the rain on my days off, and getting the flu + a cold back to back. It still makes a slight thump thump kind of sound as it idles, and the balancer still appears to wobble ever so slightly.

For the Nova I just want to be a nice driver. Especially with my propensity to Hot Rod everything. I want a smaller motor or one that doesn't have temptation associated with it.

I have mentioned before I had a well thought out built 283/TH350 combo years ago that got 27mpg on the highway easily. So at the very least. I would like that again. Decent power, good driving, and great mpg. I like going places.

Is the 4.3 a good alternative to a 283. I like the roller cam option, and the power is good enough. When base lined against my stock 307 2 barrel.

I have never been a fan of 4.3's before the LV1 or LV3. Every friend who had a S10 with one got the same.mpg as my cars with a 350, and carb.

Am I wrong to believe that.
Ziegelsteinfaust is offline   Reply With Quote