The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-25-2021, 01:53 AM   #1
D-n-Tyke

CPP vs POL motor mounts

Re: 1969 C20

Previous owner pulled the motor mount frame mounts out when he pulled the engine out of the truck so now I have to replace them before I can put my engine (402 BB) in. Been looking at going with either CPP motor mounts or POL motor mounts. Does one perform better than the other? Anyone have issues with either one?
D-n-Tyke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2021, 02:33 AM   #2
RustyPile

Re: CPP vs POL motor mounts

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-n-Tyke View Post
Re: 1969 C20

Previous owner pulled the motor mount frame mounts out when he pulled the engine out of the truck so now I have to replace them before I can put my engine (402 BB) in. Been looking at going with either CPP motor mounts or POL motor mounts. Does one perform better than the other? Anyone have issues with either one?
The PO of my '71 C10 installed a 454 BBC in place of the original I6.. He welded up a concoction of I6 frame brackets and Moroso solid mounts.. I removed all that crap and contacted THE TRUCK SHOP in Orange, CA. and ordered POL frame brackets and mounts.. I first ordered the ones listed for the later frame with the relief cut for the big blocks.. The brackets bolted in just fine but were too far apart where the long "thru bolt" connects the brackets to the mounts.. I contacted THE TRUCK SHOP and spoke with M.J. and discussed the problem.. I figured the PO of my truck had royally screwed up the frame.. M.J. suggested I try the brackets for the '63 - '67 "unrelieved" frame.. I returned the originals and they send the others to me postage paid.. Those brackets fit in the original holes and everything lined up perfect..

M.J. nor I have an explanation for this situation, and I certainly won't be suggesting that the first set of brackets were mislabeled or made wrong. This is the first and only time I've dealt with THE TRUCK SHOP, but their customer service is top notch in my book, so they will be getting some of my business in the future..
RustyPile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2021, 03:28 PM   #3
AllGoNoShow

I used the CPP ones during a motor swap last winter…they look good and strong and everything lined up. Install all the bolts but don’t snug them up all the way, then tighten everything up once the big bolt is through the motor mount.
Posted via Mobile Device
AllGoNoShow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2021, 11:12 PM   #4
jimijam00

Do either make their own parts, or are they just vendors selling the same part?
jimijam00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2021, 11:34 PM   #5
D-n-Tyke

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimijam00 View Post
As far as I know both make their own product. They aren't just repacking someone else's mount.
D-n-Tyke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2021, 07:53 PM   #6
RustyPile

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimijam00 View Post
To add to my previous post.. POL makes the mounts and will sell direct to the consumer.. But they are also sold through various vendors.. As stated, I bought mine from THE TRUCK SHOP..
RustyPile is offline   Reply With Quote