The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-22-2021, 07:47 PM   #1
MikeinNH

Chevy to GMC rad core lights swap?

Sorry for the odd title but I have a C10 core support but am making my truck have the GMC look. I found someone selling the 4 light pieces that are welded to the core support. Before I buy them I'd like to know if there's a simple way to figure out placement on the Chevy core support. Thoughts?

thanks,
Projects: 71 C10 going on 04 Tahoe chassis * 67 IH 1200B Pickup mostly original w/ ext rust repair * 41 Buick Super 8 4 Door all original * 52 IH L-110 Panel Van getting S10 motor * 73 Datsun 620 Pickup all original
MikeinNH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2021, 11:23 PM   #2
prateroad

Re: Chevy to GMC rad core lights swap?

I have a set of those too. I can't remember if they were spot welded in or not. I know there are quite a few places on a cab that has dimples where a screw would be. I was pretty sure that the outer spot was the same for a Chevy or GMC at the center but not so sure anymore. I think you could always bolt your grill up and then do placement.
prateroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2021, 06:26 AM   #3
Palf70Step
State of Confusion!

What year core support? if 69 or newer chevy they are not the same as the GMC and the grill/fenders don't mount/align with the chevy core support.

Member of Louisiana Classic Truck Club (LCTC)

Bill's Gallery
Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift.
Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God!
Palf70Step is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2021, 04:16 PM   #4
MikeinNH

Hmm, ok. The core support is a 71. I have a GMC hood with the angled slant plus the fenders to go with it. I have a GMC grill and so far what I have seems to fit together perfectly including the latch. I just got headlight surrounds so I suppose I could line it up now that I have those items. Still would need to get the headlight buckets. I was hoping there might be a simpler way to figure it out. Thanks!
Projects: 71 C10 going on 04 Tahoe chassis * 67 IH 1200B Pickup mostly original w/ ext rust repair * 41 Buick Super 8 4 Door all original * 52 IH L-110 Panel Van getting S10 motor * 73 Datsun 620 Pickup all original
MikeinNH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2021, 09:21 PM   #5
Ben IV

It's been quite a few years but I believe I used a reproduction 67/68 chevy core support and put my gmc headlight buckets on it. I made templates and took measurements off of my gmc core support before removing the buckets. This was back before you could get a repop gmc core support.

Gmc used 68 fenders through 72 so I'm not sure if they will bolt to a 69-72 core support.